2013 CRM Upgrade - impacts to basic configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting ready to go through a 2011 CRM to 2013 CRM upgrade.  I am not a programmer or developer however I have been tasked with configuring the 2011 CRM application (we have CRM, proRM & xRM) and need to understand if & how those configurations will be impacted by 2013.  When I refer to 'configurations' I am referring to the following:

System Views, Personal Views, Updated OOB forms, Processes - dialog & workflow, enable/disable buttons & Dashboards.

I've done research on 2013 CRM and there is a lot of information on the environment set up - which is in the hands of other project team members - what I am having difficulty finding is impacts to the above 'configurations'.  Any help or information on any or all of these configurations would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:40 PM

Answers

• hello,

your question is a bit broad. I will try to reply with the best of my ability.

CRM 2011 to 2013 is a bit tricky because of the changes made in .net framework, JavaScript etc. So any out of the box features like the views, forms etc will upgrade will out much issue.

based on the framework used, your custom buttons, custom workflow activities etc may need some tweaking.

easiest option would be to take a CRM 2011 database backup, restore it as a new SQL server database, use organization import wizard to convert it to a CRM 2013 instance.

the above step assumes that the plugin and JavaScript is already covered by the programmers.

let me know if you have any questions.

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by wannabebi Thursday, February 19, 2015 8:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:21 PM

All replies

• hello,

your question is a bit broad. I will try to reply with the best of my ability.

CRM 2011 to 2013 is a bit tricky because of the changes made in .net framework, JavaScript etc. So any out of the box features like the views, forms etc will upgrade will out much issue.

based on the framework used, your custom buttons, custom workflow activities etc may need some tweaking.

easiest option would be to take a CRM 2011 database backup, restore it as a new SQL server database, use organization import wizard to convert it to a CRM 2013 instance.

the above step assumes that the plugin and JavaScript is already covered by the programmers.

let me know if you have any questions.

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by wannabebi Thursday, February 19, 2015 8:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:21 PM
  • Thank you - this helps! 
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 8:29 PM