CRM 2011 : Error in Trace Log RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting some consistent errors in the trace log about the server not being able to communicate with another server that is used for back end processing.

CRM2011 :: Front End services only

CRM2011-2 :: Front and back end services

CRM2011SQL :: SQL Server for both

All Services are enabled and started on all servers.  Here is the error I am seeing in the CRM2011 server trace log:

===========

</StackTrace><ExceptionString>System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://crm2011-2/CrmSandboxHost that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.</ExceptionString></Exception></TraceRecord>
    [2012-07-21 13:38:43.653] Process: w3wp |Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Thread:    3 |Category: Platform.Sdk |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error |ReqId:  | ServiceModelTraceRedirector.TraceData
    ><TraceRecord xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2004/10/E2ETraceEvent/TraceRecord" Severity="Error"><TraceIdentifier>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.ThrowingException.aspx</TraceIdentifier><Description>Throwing an exception.</Description><AppDomain>/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-129873658616194885</AppDomain><Source>System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel/41559905</Source><Exception><ExceptionType>System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException, System.ServiceModel, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType><Message>The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.</Message><StackTrace>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Close(TimeSpan timeout)
    >   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct&amp;amp; sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
    >   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
    >   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    >   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    >   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.ExecuteMessage(Object target, IMethodCallMessage methodCall)
    >   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeChannel(IMethodCallMessage methodCall)
    >   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)
    >   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&amp;amp; msgData, Int32 type)
    >   at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Close()
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.SandboxClientBase`1.Stop()
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.SandboxHostManager.PingSingleClient(SandboxClient pingClient, SandboxHostInfo info)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.SandboxHostManager.PingHostsInternal(Object stateObject)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.SandboxHostManager.PingHosts(Object stateObject)
    >   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
    >   at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)
    ></StackTrace><ExceptionString>System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.</ExceptionString></Exception></TraceRecord>

Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:48 PM

Answers

• Actually, what I ended up doing was installing the backend services on another server and that seemed to fix it.  I think the problem 'may' have been the server name (CRM2011-2) having a dash (-) in it.
    • Marked as answer by ChrisH5491 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:08 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:08 PM

All replies

• If the error only occurs on the CRM2011 server (and not CRM2011-2), then the most likely problem is the communication to the Sandbox service is being blocked by a firewall. By default this communication is on port 808, but can be changed - see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg583972.aspx for more information

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:12 AM
  • (Just realized I logged in with the wrong profile)

Still seeing the error. 

I did a telnet from one server to the other on that port, and it seemed to connect (my standard test to see if a port it open).  I also checked the windows firewall to ensure that the ports for inbound and outbound were open.

I'll check with the network guys to make sure that port it open on the hardware firewall as well, but so far it looks like this should be working.

Could I use a standard port like port 80 instead of 808?

Any other troubleshooting tips I can try?

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:55 AM
  • Have you checked that the CRM Sandbox service is running (Windows Service)?

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, July 23, 2012 2:52 PM
  • Yes, the sandbox service is running on the CRM2011-2 server.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Have you solved the issue ? We have exactly the same problem,

CRM Sandbox is running and a telnet on the 808 port is ok 

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:04 PM
  • Actually, what I ended up doing was installing the backend services on another server and that seemed to fix it.  I think the problem 'may' have been the server name (CRM2011-2) having a dash (-) in it.
    • Marked as answer by ChrisH5491 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:08 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:08 PM