Installation guides or manuals for Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have just downloaded the windows home server from the MAPS it says it is about 6.GB  but when i actually downloaded it is only 4.0GB  i am supprised and also it is in 3 parts with different part numbers kind of struggling which one should i install first and the second and so on.  Are there any installation Guides or manuals for doing this type of install.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 1:08 AM

All replies

• I have just downloaded the windows home server from the MAPS it says it is about 6.GB  but when i actually downloaded it is only 4.0GB

Actually, the install iso weighs in around 900 MB (I don't know where you're getting the 4 GB from).  (Even after adding in the other discs, it's only 1.2 GB.)

i am supprised and also it is in 3 parts with different part numbers kind of struggling which one should i install first and the second and so on.  Are there any installation Guides or manuals for doing this type of install.
    Not really.  WHS is not a "retail" product (it's System Builders only), which means you are expected to have a reasonable knowledge of computers in order to install.  But to get started, you want to use the installation DVD (not the Recovery CD or the Connector CD).
    Friday, November 20, 2009 2:32 AM