upgrade sandbox to 2015 without losing customizations RRS feed

• Question

• My business is using CRM 2013 online and I have gone through the steps to copy all the customizations over to my sandbox in preparation for 2015.

I'd like to update the sandbox version to 2015 ahead of my production environment.  When I login to the O365 admin portal,I am presented with an option to Reset it (lose all customization) with CRM 2015 but nothing about upgrading the sandbox without losing the customizations.

Am I missing an option somewhere?

Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:18 PM

All replies

• Would it not be viable to just export all your customizations as a Solution, then reimport that solution into the new environment?  If not, I would reach out to CRM Online support directly and ask if there's a way to do what you want.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:36 PM
  • That was my initial thought but after several years of customizations - when I try to import the solution, it says I have missed this or that required item even though I have told the Solution to add all required components.  So while it *should* be simple, it has been a pain for me - i assumed this would be easier.  I'll check with CRM Online support to find out if there is any easy solution.
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:40 PM
  • Hope that works!  One thing that might also be worthwhile is to go straight to "Customize" instead of "solutions" and try to export the entire CRM structure.  This will get absolutely everything, but also runs the risk of being so large as to time out.  Worth a shot, at least.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:56 PM