MR queue status RRS feed

• Question

• Got a problem with Management Reporter with Dynamics GP2010. After having initial problems with getting MR to work, it was resolved and I ran a test report successfully. Now, after design a proper report, I am trying to generate the report, but it seems something is wrong with the print queue status. I submitted my first attempt, but it seemed to have stopped working, so I cancelled it by clicking the remove button. Now the report is still in the queue with a status of cancelling and does not go away. Every other report I now submit gets stuck with a status of Queued, and that's where it stays.

Any help with the print queue will be most appreciated.

Arnold

Monday, June 7, 2010 11:22 PM

Answers

• I worked through this same exact issue with one of my clients on a new install. I opened a support case and they stated that most issues they've seen with the Report Queue could be resolved with one of the following solutions:

1. Restarting the Management Reporter Service.
    2. Verify that the user running the Application Service has sufficient permissions to write back to the Management Reporter/Queue database.
    3. Verify that the user running the Management Reporter Application pool has sufficient permissions to read/write from Dynamics as well as the Management Reporter database.

I know you said that you went so far as to restart the SQL server, but I'd still try to manually go to Start > Run > services.msc > Ok. Once you're in the Services MMC scroll down until you find Management Reporter Process Service and restart it. If this doesn't fix the problem try solutions 2 or 3 and check the permissions of the user running the service here. Also check the user running the App Pool in IIS.

Hope this helps!

Corey Clay, MCS
    Nextec Group, Inc.
    http://www.nextecgroup.com
    • Marked as answer by Arnold32 Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:24 AM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:24 PM

All replies

• Try restarting the MR Service.  Not sure if that will fix your issue but it should free up the queue.

Rob Iversen MSX Group www.msxgroup.com rob.iversen@msxgroup.com
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 1:39 AM
  • Hi

I have actually gone as far as restarting the SQL server, so all services should have been restarted. Unfortunately it did not free up the queue.

Arnold

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 2:09 AM
  • I worked through this same exact issue with one of my clients on a new install. I opened a support case and they stated that most issues they've seen with the Report Queue could be resolved with one of the following solutions:

1. Restarting the Management Reporter Service.
    2. Verify that the user running the Application Service has sufficient permissions to write back to the Management Reporter/Queue database.
    3. Verify that the user running the Management Reporter Application pool has sufficient permissions to read/write from Dynamics as well as the Management Reporter database.

I know you said that you went so far as to restart the SQL server, but I'd still try to manually go to Start > Run > services.msc > Ok. Once you're in the Services MMC scroll down until you find Management Reporter Process Service and restart it. If this doesn't fix the problem try solutions 2 or 3 and check the permissions of the user running the service here. Also check the user running the App Pool in IIS.

Hope this helps!

Corey Clay, MCS
    Nextec Group, Inc.
    http://www.nextecgroup.com
    • Marked as answer by Arnold32 Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:24 AM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:24 PM
  • Make sure the print spooler service has been started.

Thanks,

Penny Watts

MSX Group penny.watts@msxgroup.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note – this is just a co
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:03 PM
  • The fix is likely to be to add the service account running Management Reporters Process service as a user to your databases.

By default when you install the Process Service startup Account only has access to the MR db; and is in the General User role.

This doesn't provide any access to your actual data.

I literally just fixed this issue on a system 2 minutes ago.

I hope this helps you all

Cheers All

Ian

imcquade@articit.com

Ian
    Friday, August 13, 2010 2:40 PM