none
Browse Users sorting broken RRS feed

• Question

• Click the Sort By button a few times.  Scroll towards the bottom of the list to see numbers out of order.  I don't see much of a pattern to the bug.  It is not consistent either.

Hans Passant.
    Friday, July 11, 2008 3:12 AM

Answers

• This isn't something we are going to fix, instead we plan to build a profile/recognition user directory and just remove our browse user page. Hopefully over the next few months.

Community Forums Program Manager

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:22 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Yea we caught this one a little too late to get a fix in. What's actually going on is the "page" of users is correct, just the ordering within that page is somewhat random. Behind the scenes we get the list of 20 User Id's in the correct sort order. But the call we use, along the lines of "User[] GetUsers(Guid[] userIds)" doesn't guarantee the ordering of the returned list matches the ordering of the request list. Then due to difference in whats cached at any given time on the server in the cluster that you hit, you get fairly random results within that page.

I believe we're planning on a small release in the near future to address some of the issues we couldn't fit in this release.
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Friday, July 11, 2008 3:39 AM
  • As Rob said, I actually had a fix for this 2 or 3 days ago. It was just too late to get into this release.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Friday, July 11, 2008 6:27 AM
  • This appears to be fixed (by Matt's fix and various updates over 3+ years).

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:05 PM
    Owner
  • No, Browse Forum Users still have no correct order. What is the order if you press it? It's not by the number of points.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:57 AM
  • This isn't something we are going to fix, instead we plan to build a profile/recognition user directory and just remove our browse user page. Hopefully over the next few months.

Community Forums Program Manager

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:22 AM
    Answerer
  • Looking forward to it as right now I can not be sure of my standing. According to the current listing I should be on the 4th place, soon to take 3rd, but there may be users who are not listed in the first 20.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:10 PM
  • Top few current users and points

Display Name Points 
    Leandro Tuttini 338415 
    nobugz 233745 
    Stephen Boots 118580 
    Naomi N 117240 
    Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 109200 
    Ilya Tumanov 86865 
    Jose Manuel Tella Llop 86245