none
Include directories in Visual Studio 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

Please guide me to find the IncludeDirectories / Additional include directories option in VS 2017.

Am using Microsoft VS2017 Enterprise.

My need is to give the local path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\shared" as include directory for a xamarin PCL project.

Regards,
    Suku PK

Suku PK

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Monday, November 27, 2017 1:33 AM
    Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Experts,

Please guide me to find the IncludeDirectories / Additional include directories option in VS 2017.

Am using Microsoft VS2017 Enterprise.

My need is to give the local path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\shared" as include directory for a xamarin PCL project.

Regards,
    Suku PK

Suku PK

Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:08 AM
  • thanks will re post.

Suku PK

Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:14 PM
  • If your project is already set to use the Windows SDK version 10.0.16299 then this directory will already be part of the environment. This is the set of default include directories that my projects have:

I haven't edited this at all.

So first, do you have your project set to use this version of the Windows SDK? If no then you must change it to use this version of the SDK since you have to use all of the headers as one group, you can't mix and match from different versions of the Windows SDK since they depend on each other.

You can set your project's Windows SDK version by right clicking on the project in Solution Explorer and selecting Retarget Project. You could do the entire solution by right clicking on the solution and selecting Retarget Solution. Once you have done this and selected the Windows SDK version 10.0.16299, then it should switch over automatically. If not, try restarting Visual Studio.

You can then verify this by going to project properties:

It is part of the $(WindowsSDK_IncludePath) macro. So if you click the little down arrow to the right and select Edit, then you will bring up the window in the original screenshot that I showed, and you should find it there.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:49 PM
  • Hi Suku,

According to your question is more related to visual studio, I will move the thread to Visual Studio General Questions forum  for suitable support.

The Visual C# discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools . If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution .

Best Regards,

Fei Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Hi Suku,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio Setup and Installation, since your issue related to XamlCompiler error of PCL project, I suggest you post a new thread in https://www.xamarin.com/support to get a better help.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 8:28 AM
  • Right-click on the project in Solution Explorer then select "Properties" at the bottom of the context menu. Then in the left ensure that "Configuration Properties" is expanded; it probably is already. You will see "VC++ Directories".

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, November 24, 2017 5:22 PM
  • Hi Suku,

Like Darran Rowe's suggestion here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/03b8bfb5-15c8-47aa-8cd2-e716b0af6f09/include-directories-in-visual-studio-2017?forum=vssetup

You could check your project property, view the result.

Certain configuration was set correctly after you install the VS IDE, if your project property is different from it, you would check that whether it was related to the SDK or the VS setup.

Of course, if still no useful information, maybe you could share a screen shot about how you create the project and project property in your side.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Saturday, November 25, 2017 7:13 AM
  • Hi Suku,

Any update? Could you get useful information from our replies?

Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:38 AM