Hiding Fields On A Page RRS feed

• Question

• I created a new entity to collect additional data related to an Opportunity.  One set of data I am trying to collect is variable.  The user might have 1 set of information to provide or they might have six sets of data.  Each data set has 4 fields associated with it.  I would like to show the first 3 data sets on the form and allow the user to say/request that they have more information (maybe client on a link) to expand/show the next 3 data sets. I don't see a way to hide these fields.  Is there a good way to accomplish this action?
    • Moved by Xiaopeng Wu Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:21 PM Forum consolidation (From:CRM Online)
    Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:44 AM

Answers

• Have you considered using a custom entity to hold the repeating data?  Here let's call it "DataSet".  You would create the DataSet entity with the four fields and add a 1:n relationship from Opportunity to DataSet.  The relationship type would be Parental, so that the DataSets would follow their Opportunity as it moves around (assigned to a user, deleted, etc.).  Users would simply click "New DataSet" on the toolbar to add the repeating data.

This isn't the only way to accomplish what you're trying to do, but it's pretty easy and doesn't require any coding.  Hope it helps!

--Matt

Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:53 PM

All replies

• Have you considered using a custom entity to hold the repeating data?  Here let's call it "DataSet".  You would create the DataSet entity with the four fields and add a 1:n relationship from Opportunity to DataSet.  The relationship type would be Parental, so that the DataSets would follow their Opportunity as it moves around (assigned to a user, deleted, etc.).  Users would simply click "New DataSet" on the toolbar to add the repeating data.

This isn't the only way to accomplish what you're trying to do, but it's pretty easy and doesn't require any coding.  Hope it helps!

--Matt

Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:53 PM
  • Is there a way to expand and collapse sections on a Form page? 

I have data I am trying to collect about project team members (Team Member 1, Team Member 2, Team Member 3, Team Member 4, Team Member 5).  Sometimes the team will only have 1 member and showing the data fields for the 4 others takes a lot of screen real estate. I have put each Team Member set of fields in its own section.  Is there a way to collapse or hide the fields until the user expands them when they are needed? 

Friday, September 17, 2010 2:44 AM