MSDN Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems accessing MSDN online from VS 2005.  When I do a search the following error message comes up for "MSDN Online", "Codezone Community", and "Questions".  The only thing that's working is "LocalHelp".  It had been working before.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:15 PM

Answers

• I figured it out on my own. Instead of being set to 500 results per page, it needs to be set to 20 results per page.  I discovered this by running MSDN from the start menu, rather than from F1 in Visual Studio, and comparing the settings.
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:52 PM

All replies

• I am having problems accessing MSDN online from VS 2005.  When I do a search the following error message comes up for "MSDN Online", "Codezone Community", and "Questions".  The only thing that's working is "LocalHelp".  It had been working before.

Oops!  I omitted the error message that I get: "An error occurred with the underlying search provider.  ErrorCode {0}".
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:12 PM
  • I don't think the document explorer is currently supported by the forums, but you can try your luck in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/devdocs/threads.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 5:40 PM
  • If it is not supported by the forums, where is supported?
    Emanuel Kravitz
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:28 PM
  • I don't know... used to be that forum, until Microsoft moved to the new help engine. There are some yahoo groups about older help engines. Try search MSHelp2 there.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:48 PM
  • I figured it out on my own. Instead of being set to 500 results per page, it needs to be set to 20 results per page.  I discovered this by running MSDN from the start menu, rather than from F1 in Visual Studio, and comparing the settings.
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:52 PM