Social Pane customization Dynamics 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am wanting to set the default view of the Social Pane to show Activities rather then the out the box settings of Posts.

Is this achievable?

Many Thanks in advance

Chris

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:55 PM

Answers

• I think what Chris means is the Social Pane found in the middle of the new process forms in CRM Online Polaris release. Currently there is no way to define the default tab to be opened for this control, so it will always be in the order of 1) Posts 2) Activities 3) Notes. However, if you'd disable Activity Feed posts entirely from the entity, then AFAIK the Posts tab would not be displayed at all, which would mean the Activities tab would become the new default in the Social Pane.

Jukka Niiranen - My blog: Surviving CRM - Follow @jukkan on Twitter

• Marked as answer by Chris.Davies Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Should be able to get to this at the user level from here 

However if you are trying to set all users in the system to have a different 'default' starting point there is no out of the box method for accomplishing this.

Not supported- If you are on premise you can set this for all users with a database hack. Doing something like this -> http://mahenderpal.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/set-default-areay-for-crm-user/

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this!

Cheers,

Brett

• Proposed as answer by Brett Rojas Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:24 PM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:24 PM
  • I think what Chris means is the Social Pane found in the middle of the new process forms in CRM Online Polaris release. Currently there is no way to define the default tab to be opened for this control, so it will always be in the order of 1) Posts 2) Activities 3) Notes. However, if you'd disable Activity Feed posts entirely from the entity, then AFAIK the Posts tab would not be displayed at all, which would mean the Activities tab would become the new default in the Social Pane.

Jukka Niiranen - My blog: Surviving CRM - Follow @jukkan on Twitter

• Marked as answer by Chris.Davies Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:15 PM
  • After a reread I think you may be correct Jukka!
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:25 AM
  • Hi Brett and Jukka,

Thank you for your time and help on this. I can confirm Jukka is correct but thank you to you both as it is always good to learn something new.

Regards

Chris

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:17 AM
  • Meanwhile you can set the Default Tab for the social pane. You can click on the control in the form editor to surface the default tab Option.

Edit: Sorry, this was for CRM 2013.
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:03 AM
  • @Raffaele - that is true in 2013, but not in 2011 that the question title refers to.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:50 AM
  • Oh, sorry!! Thanks for the hint! I'll edit.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:53 AM