none
A microsoft support staff rate himself in a remote session to my laptop

Question

• Hi

I had a problem with my surface book a few days ago, I try to resolve this by "Talk to Answer Tech". He connect to my surface with Microsoft Support application (Desktop sharing app) for checking my system. He said to me that I can go and drink something because this checking is time consuming. I stayed and watch my screen. Among the things he was doing for resolving my problem, he close my "Talk to Answer Tech" and select 9 rate for himself and check resolved check box!

I want to know is it okey?!!!

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:12 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, July 05, 2016 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hi

I had a problem with my surface book a few days ago, I try to resolve this by "Talk to Answer Tech". He connect to my surface with Microsoft Support application (Desktop sharing app) for checking my system. He said to me that I can go and drink something because this checking is time consuming. I stayed and watch my screen. Among the things he was doing for resolving my problem, he close my "Talk to Answer Tech" and select 9 rate for himself and check resolved check box!

Hello,

For ME that would not be OK.

I'd probably call the local Microsoft office: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/worldwide.aspx

You might also mention this in the Surface forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:12 PM
  • May need to follow-up with the same support channel used.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpTechnicalSupportPage

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - General Discussions' forum is for any posts not covered under any of the other forums as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the  off topic forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:01 PM
  • Hi

Hello,

For ME that would not be OK.

I'd probably call the local Microsoft office: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/worldwide.aspx

You might also mention this in the Surface forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:12 PM
  • Hi

"Talk to Answer Tech" where? What link or URL was to that tech?

I didn't know that Microsoft provided free service for anything.

La vida loca

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:16 PM
  • May need to follow-up with the same support channel used.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpTechnicalSupportPage

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:29 PM
  • "Talk to Answer Tech" where? What link or URL was to that tech?

I didn't know that Microsoft provided free service for anything.

La vida loca

Hello,

I've had a few instances where a Microsoft CSG tech remotely worked on my PC.

I used to be skeptical of "a Microsoft tech did x" queries too, but as Billy Bob Thornton says in "Bandits", "I've seen it done" ;)

Karl 

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:36 PM