Mesh crashes on HTC Touch Diamond RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Live Mesh on my HTC Touch Diamond (running 6.1) and it worked fine. However, I had to re-install it and since then mesh keeps crashing.

When I start the app on my mobile it says "starting live mesh" at the bottom left of screen for about a second, then the app crashes.

I've tried resetting my mobile and re-installing mesh (with resets in b/w) with no luck.

Is there an error log file that could identify what the problem is?

When un-installing mesh from a mobile device could there be (configuration) files that don't get deleted but should be (and therefore make "cleaner" subsequent installs)?

Thanks,

James

N.B. This is a duplicate of the thread posted at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/7df16ce6-2e3a-4377-9393-28a358d519ce, created before I was correctly pointed to this forum.
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:48 AM

Answers

• Hi James,

Please see the Announcement at the top of this forum (Collecting Live Mesh for Mobile Logs) for instructions on collecting logs and submitting a bug.  If you could then open a bug through Connect and attach your logs, we'll try to determine what's going on.  After you've submitted your bug, please post the Connect Feedback ID here, and I'll follow up with the developers and let you know as soon as we learn something.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

Please see the Announcement at the top of this forum (Collecting Live Mesh for Mobile Logs) for instructions on collecting logs and submitting a bug.  If you could then open a bug through Connect and attach your logs, we'll try to determine what's going on.  After you've submitted your bug, please post the Connect Feedback ID here, and I'll follow up with the developers and let you know as soon as we learn something.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:30 PM
  • Connect bug report posted here: https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=388423

James
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:10 PM
  • Has there been any progress with this issue?  I just installed the mobile client last night and am experiencing the same type of issue on my HTC Touch Pro.  I will also create a bug report.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:53 PM
  • Has there been any progress with this issue?  I just installed the mobile client last night and am experiencing the same type of issue on my HTC Touch Pro.  I will also create a bug report.

I haven't heard anything specific to this issue, so filing a report is the way to go. Thanks for reporting it. If you can also past a link to the report here, that would be great.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    • Proposed as answer by DrGamete Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:58 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:39 PM
  • Make sure your installing to Main Memory and not Storage Card. I Have a VZW HTC Touch Pro and experienced the same problem, once I uninstalled, reset, installed, reset, Mesh WM6 launched and ran as it should have
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:00 PM
  • I had the same problem on my HTC touch pro 2!
    Friday, June 26, 2009 12:52 PM
  • I had the same problem on my HTC touch pro 2!

I had the same problem on my HTC MAX 4G too! But I solved the problem just installing Live Mesh Mobile to Main memory, not Storage Card.

MCSD, MCT
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 4:51 AM
  • Same thing happens on my HTC Fuze...and it has been installed on the device and had reset between uninstalls and installs. I click on the ICON, it tries to bring up the login prompt and it just stops.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Same thing happens on my HTC Fuze...and it has been installed on the device and had reset between uninstalls and installs. I click on the ICON, it tries to bring up the login prompt and it just stops.

Have you reset the device again after the install?
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:11 PM

Have you reset the device again after the install?
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator

Yes...I had uninstalled from the storage card. Rebooted. Installed on the device...rebooted. Mesh crashes just after it asks me for login..mainly when I go to drop down to select live.com. If I try again, it doesn't even get that far...it just loads and then exits.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:36 PM
  • I have mobile 6.1 on a Fuze
    Opera is installed (cannot uninstall it and cannot figure out how to make IE the default)
    I have SPB Plus installed but IE addin is disabled

I removed the old version of Mesh (with some difficulty) and restarted the phone.

I then downloaed the new version and restarted and reset.

when I start mesh after a restart, the first time I get a login screen but midway through entering my info it exits.

On subsequent attempts it just gives me the starting and signing in status messages at the bottom and then it ends.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:47 PM
  • I've got no update on the problems that people are encountering with some HTC devices, so the best that I can suggest is file a bug if it is affecting you. Hopefully we will see a new version that works on these devices in the not too distant future.
    -steve
    Friday, August 14, 2009 1:23 AM
  • The bug on connect is marked as fixed as of 1/12/09 and closed 2/17/2009.  Is there a new client version with a fix in it, and if so which version so I know if I have it or not?
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:33 PM
  • The bug on connect is marked as fixed as of 1/12/09 and closed 2/17/2009.  Is there a new client version with a fix in it, and if so which version so I know if I have it or not?

Even though the bug is marked as fixed, there is no new client version available. It may be fixed in a version that has not yet been released.
    -steve
    Monday, September 14, 2009 12:20 PM