WHS Server Automatically logs out after logging in as administrator RRS feed

• Question

• After hitting the CTRL>ALT>DEL and logging in as the administrator the server says it is loading the user profile and getting personal settings and then says saving profile and logs off and displays the CTRL>ALT>DEL prompt again, and keeps doing same as many times as I do it.  Also I cannot log in through the console on connected computers, even after uninstalling the connector software and reinstalling it with the one on the server.

I can connect to the server through the network but no console.
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:26 AM

All replies

• Mr Gadget said:

After hitting the CTRL>ALT>DEL and logging in as the administrator the server says it is loading the user profile and getting personal settings and then says saving profile and logs off and displays the CTRL>ALT>DEL prompt again, and keeps doing same as many times as I do it.  Also I cannot log in through the console on connected computers, even after uninstalling the connector software and reinstalling it with the one on the server.

I can connect to the server through the network but no console.

If you're using the OEM license, can you logon with a keyboard, mouse and monitor?  Has it always been like this?  If not, did you install any add-ins/apps around the time frame that your problem started?
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 5:17 AM
  • ... or did you change any settings in the Terminal Services configuration?
    If local logon also does not work:
    Sometimes I have seen this behavior also, if the disk drive letters got mixed up (which should not happen on the server, since this was usually only the case with cloned drives) or if the user profile was corrupted.
    In the last case you can attempt to reboot the server, connect to \\server\c$ (with user name server\administrator and the console password) and delete or rename the Administrator folder in Documents and Settings (replace server with the name of your server).
    Eventually also drive C: in the server is full and causing this behavior.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:23 AM