IP telephony RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have a question 'bout the OCS2007 connectivity to another SIP telephony provider.
    Is it possible to use another provider to handle the external calls and to redirect the local calls to the mobile phone etc. The essential task is to use several lines provided by the external provider for redirection local calls to another phone number. For example if someone tries to get the user in state 'unavailable' the call is being redirected to the phone described in info. Or, for example, to redirect the external call to MS Communicator if someone calls to the phone number given by the provider..
    Any suggestions?
    Friday, December 14, 2007 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Currently OCS doesn't support direct connectivity to SIP providers - you need to run these through SIP gateways. (you can get it to work, MS just won't support it - yet).

And also, if I understand your question correctly, other SIP providers can't make decisions based on the OCS status of a user. This may change in the future, but right now I don't know of any 3rd parties who can listen to the presence info that OCS publishes. (the reverse works though - OCS is capable of listening to a few 3rd party vendor's SIP information).

Regards,

Matt

Monday, December 17, 2007 6:47 PM
  • Where can I find such a SIP gateway?

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:48 AM
  • Hi, I think pbxnsip can be a solution for your task. I have written a new pbxnsip Wiki page with a guide for pbxnsip-OCS2007 setup. Including helpful screenshots. Please take a look, how easy it is:

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_Communications_Server

Regarding "redirecting calls, depending on user-state", this might be possible in the future. There are plans to integrate uaCSTA into pbxnsip. With uaCSTA interaction between OCS2007 and pbxnsip the user-state and the VoIP-phone-state can be exchange vice versa. A redirecting logic based on this informations is imaginable too. Btw. RemoteCallControl of VoIP-phones is also possible with uaCSTA.

But at the moment we should have a little patience for that.

Best Regards

Jan Boguslawski

ITaCS GmbH Berlin, www.itacs.de

Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

There are no supported direct SIP integrations with any IP-PBX at this time. While you can defintitely get it to work with some, you will not be supported by MS.

See this site for supported gateways:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb735838.aspx

Regards,

Matt

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:46 PM