Inbound calls from Cisco Call Manager fine, but can't route outbound from OCS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, maybe I have missed something fundamental but I can't work out what it is. I just cannot get a call to route out from Office Communicator to Cisco Call Manager via the Mediation server.

When I am capturing the network traffic, there is no SIP signalling from the mediation server when I try and dial and I am not getting an error than make sense "Call was unsuccessful", this route just isn't being processed in OCS

Error in OC is as follows

There was a problem with the calling service. Wait and then try again. If the problem continues, contact your system administrator with this information. (ID: 504)

Inbound calls work from Cisco Call Manager to Office Communicator fine but my outbound route simply doesn't work. Is there anywhere I can really get some detailed debugging detail on why it may be failing. is there something obvious I may have missed from a config perspective.

Anyone got a HOWTO which includes any obvious gotchas ?

Any ideas ?

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:24 AM

All replies

• It seems likes you have problem with the normalization. Did you already tried to route your call? If you haven't done the routing "Enterprise voice route helper" is something for you.

SoJo

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:46 AM
  • Hi, it seems like I had a wierd certificate problem whereby the mediation server could communicate wioth the front end server but not the other way around., This would explain inbound calls working but not outbound

I reset the certificates and all is working fine now.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:17 PM