WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 101 Not Activated
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 3E121E02-565-80004005_3E121E02-277-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>30fd5a73-017e-4e13-ac56-a866ea329316</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-QYYBK</PKey><PID>55274-OEM-2212034-94243</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1482476501-179605362-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>MSI</Manufacturer><Model>MS-6702E</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>Version 07.00T</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20010402000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>7427327701842077</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>101</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>101</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>B1019ED69532868</Val><Hash>x/gADOI1NnR8QCKi0+AsluBL0Fs=</Hash><Pid>70141-052-9195263-56132</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Monday, May 21, 2007 10:46 AM

Answers

• Anonymous5345643,

Right now, your computer has a systembuilder/OEM license for XP Pro installed (Line 8), and that installation was done with an invalid Product Key (Line 2).  Microsoft may have invalidated the key if it was generated by a non-MS Key Generator program.

This is why you were seeing the "software counterfeiting" messages on the computer, because the current installation of XP is an unauthorized installation.

The next step in the process is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticty (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or some other version?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  Click here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Monday, May 21, 2007 3:21 PM
  • Hi thanks for getting back 2 me

The edition is windows XP Pro it reads OEM product in black lettering.

This edtion came without SP2 but installed it after then updated it when this problem came around. Hope this helps.

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:46 PM
  • Anonymous5345634,

Can you compare the Product Key that is printed on the CoA to the corresponding portion of the Product Key (PK) being reported by the mgadia utility, *****-*****-YK6VG-RTHWM-QYYBK.......are they the same?

If different (if the reported Product Key is not the PK on the Certificate of Authenticity [CoA]), you may be able to genuine-ize your currently nongenuine installation by running the Product Key Updater utility and entering the Product Key on the CoA into the Updater utility when directed to:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/pkuinstructions.aspx

If the PKs are the same, then that means there's a strong possibility that you have a counterfeit CoA which also means that you may have a counterfeit CD.  Can you take a close look at your CoA and compare to the samples here http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx and take a very close look at your CD and compare it to the counterfeits in the gallery here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/counterfeit.mspx

Post back and let us know how you are doing.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:39 AM
  • Thanks for your help but the product key is the same would it be best if i brought the Windows Genuine Advantage Kit? Do i qualifty for this?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:29 PM
  • Anonymous5345634,

If the installed nongenuine Product Key matches the PK on the CoA, there is a strong possibility that you have counterfeit materials.  If the CD is deemed by Microsoft to be a high-quality counterfeit, you would qualify to receive free replacements from Microsoft.

That is why I was asking you to take a close look at the CD and compare it to the counterfeits.  Does the CD you have look like the samples of high-quality counterfeits as posted at the site?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:12 PM
  • I compared it to the conuterfits and seems like a high quality counterfit. What should i do?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:06 AM
  • Anonymous5345634,

In order to submit a request for complimentary replacement of hi-quality counterfeit materials, please click on the Get Genuine prompts you see at startup or after rightclicking the WGA Star icon in the Notification Area (aka system tray) of your taskbar.  One of the subsequent selections will lead you to the steps needed to prepare the report and send your materials and copies of your receipts to Microsoft so that they can be evaluated.

Remember, you will qualify for free replacements only if what you submit is considered a hi-quality counterfeit.  It takes about 4 weeks for that evaluation process.

Good Luck!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:58 PM
  • Could i get a Windows Genuine Advantage Kit?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:11 PM
  • Anonymous:

I would suggest going to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/validationhelp.aspx to try and resolve the validation issue you're having. It is a wizard created to help identify what may have happened with your Windows XP installation to make it non-genuine - as well as help you in submitting a counterfeit report to try and quality for a free WGA kit.

-phil

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:50 PM
  • Hi there again just wanted to know what is the on-line counterifit report i need to send off with my cd?

Is it the one posted on the first thread??? Thanks

Sunday, June 3, 2007 11:52 AM
  • Anonymous5345634,

If you follow the Get Genuine prompts by clicking on the WGA Star icon in your Notification Area (aka system tray), one of the choices presented leads you to the online counterfeit report.  Sorry, I can't remember what the exact wording is off the top of my head....

Sunday, June 3, 2007 12:23 PM
  • Anonymous,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information on the thread. Diagnostic results help our team find resolutions.

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with XP Operating System and why it is not passing validation. Unfortunately, the product key installed on this computer is non genuine. The key installed on this computer was not assigned by Microsoft and was most likely generated by a non-sanctioned key generator. The product key has been blocked. 

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution as previously stated. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 12:13 AM

All replies

• Anonymous5345643,

Right now, your computer has a systembuilder/OEM license for XP Pro installed (Line 8), and that installation was done with an invalid Product Key (Line 2).  Microsoft may have invalidated the key if it was generated by a non-MS Key Generator program.

This is why you were seeing the "software counterfeiting" messages on the computer, because the current installation of XP is an unauthorized installation.

The next step in the process is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticty (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or some other version?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  Click here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Monday, May 21, 2007 3:21 PM
  • Hi thanks for getting back 2 me

The edition is windows XP Pro it reads OEM product in black lettering.

This edtion came without SP2 but installed it after then updated it when this problem came around. Hope this helps.

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:46 PM
  • Anonymous5345634,

Can you compare the Product Key that is printed on the CoA to the corresponding portion of the Product Key (PK) being reported by the mgadia utility, *****-*****-YK6VG-RTHWM-QYYBK.......are they the same?

If different (if the reported Product Key is not the PK on the Certificate of Authenticity [CoA]), you may be able to genuine-ize your currently nongenuine installation by running the Product Key Updater utility and entering the Product Key on the CoA into the Updater utility when directed to:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/pkuinstructions.aspx

If the PKs are the same, then that means there's a strong possibility that you have a counterfeit CoA which also means that you may have a counterfeit CD.  Can you take a close look at your CoA and compare to the samples here http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx and take a very close look at your CD and compare it to the counterfeits in the gallery here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/counterfeit.mspx

Post back and let us know how you are doing.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:39 AM
  • Thanks for your help but the product key is the same would it be best if i brought the Windows Genuine Advantage Kit? Do i qualifty for this?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:29 PM
  • Anonymous5345634,

If the installed nongenuine Product Key matches the PK on the CoA, there is a strong possibility that you have counterfeit materials.  If the CD is deemed by Microsoft to be a high-quality counterfeit, you would qualify to receive free replacements from Microsoft.

That is why I was asking you to take a close look at the CD and compare it to the counterfeits.  Does the CD you have look like the samples of high-quality counterfeits as posted at the site?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:12 PM
  • I compared it to the conuterfits and seems like a high quality counterfit. What should i do?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:06 AM
  • Anonymous5345634,

In order to submit a request for complimentary replacement of hi-quality counterfeit materials, please click on the Get Genuine prompts you see at startup or after rightclicking the WGA Star icon in the Notification Area (aka system tray) of your taskbar.  One of the subsequent selections will lead you to the steps needed to prepare the report and send your materials and copies of your receipts to Microsoft so that they can be evaluated.

Remember, you will qualify for free replacements only if what you submit is considered a hi-quality counterfeit.  It takes about 4 weeks for that evaluation process.

Good Luck!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:58 PM
  • Could i get a Windows Genuine Advantage Kit?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:11 PM
  • Anonymous:

I would suggest going to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/validationhelp.aspx to try and resolve the validation issue you're having. It is a wizard created to help identify what may have happened with your Windows XP installation to make it non-genuine - as well as help you in submitting a counterfeit report to try and quality for a free WGA kit.

-phil

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:50 PM
  • Hi there again just wanted to know what is the on-line counterifit report i need to send off with my cd?

Is it the one posted on the first thread??? Thanks

Sunday, June 3, 2007 11:52 AM
  • Anonymous5345634,

If you follow the Get Genuine prompts by clicking on the WGA Star icon in your Notification Area (aka system tray), one of the choices presented leads you to the online counterfeit report.  Sorry, I can't remember what the exact wording is off the top of my head....

Sunday, June 3, 2007 12:23 PM
  • Anonymous,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information on the thread. Diagnostic results help our team find resolutions.

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with XP Operating System and why it is not passing validation. Unfortunately, the product key installed on this computer is non genuine. The key installed on this computer was not assigned by Microsoft and was most likely generated by a non-sanctioned key generator. The product key has been blocked. 

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution as previously stated. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 12:13 AM