none
Autoroute 2013 not starting properly RRS feed

• Question

• I use Autoroute 2013 running on XP Pro SP3 and it was fine for months. Today, it has decided to play games.  The start-up splash logo appears and a few moments later disappears again and an icon appears in the task bar. But there is no display of ARX on the screen.  I've tried RMB on the icon and selected the Maximise option - nothing happens. I've run the installer in repair mode from the DVD and still nothing.
    What do I need to do to get it working properly again as it did last week?
    Monday, July 22, 2013 8:36 AM

Answers

• I have now resolved this issue myself without any help being offered by this forum or Microsoft itself. 

I discovered that the permissions on some of the critical files needed by AR2013 had been changed/corrupted at the same time as a Microsoft Windows Update was applied earlier this month - the date and time are identical to that process!  So the update to explorer.exe and/or other system files has caused this. 

I had to uninstall, reboot, reinstall and re authorise because of this. Yet another symptom of poor testing?  Scripted testing is one thing but doesn't address 'real world' issues that affect users.

• Marked as answer by MikeP_UK Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:10 AM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:10 AM