CRM 2010 web page integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I developed .net web application  it consists of the Employe records.

I want integrate web application into  CRM 2011.  but i'm using trail version of CRM 2011. pls suggest me how can i integrate to Web to my CRM web applicaiton.

-Regards,

Ram

Rammohan
    Friday, January 20, 2012 10:43 AM

Answers

• From a UI point of view, in CRM you can add IFrames to forms and dashboards to point to your web app. You can also use the ribbon and sitemap to navigate from CRM through to your web app. From within your web app you can address CRM forms by passing it parameters to a url.

From a backend point of view, you can make CRM service calls from your web app using the Organization.svc service. And from CRM you can register plugins which could then talk to your web app.

It would perhaps be helpful to know more specifics about HOW and WHY you want to integrate your .net web app with CRM, but above is a rough summary :-)

Kind regards

Kirsten

Friday, January 20, 2012 3:26 PM

All replies

• From a UI point of view, in CRM you can add IFrames to forms and dashboards to point to your web app. You can also use the ribbon and sitemap to navigate from CRM through to your web app. From within your web app you can address CRM forms by passing it parameters to a url.

From a backend point of view, you can make CRM service calls from your web app using the Organization.svc service. And from CRM you can register plugins which could then talk to your web app.

It would perhaps be helpful to know more specifics about HOW and WHY you want to integrate your .net web app with CRM, but above is a rough summary :-)

Kind regards

Kirsten

Friday, January 20, 2012 3:26 PM
  • With CRM 2011 you need to create Silverlight Web Resources and add them to CRM. These can then either be called through Iframes or ribbon buttons or even sitemap.

Designing silverlight app and uploading it as web resource ensures compatibility with all models of crm, onpremise online as well as ifd.

If you create .net application you need to host it outside crm website.

Check for examples on designing silverlight app in sdk.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:53 AM
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:53 AM