msdnaa software RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone i have some question according to msdnaa software.
     i have notebook with vista home basic which i bought separately with my notebook but i left the coa sticker on the box. recently i got my msdn aa membership from my campus,downloaded windows 7 pro, then installed in on my notebook.my question is this msdnaa version legal?i ask this because from what i learned from microsoft sites that only software that comes with COA sticker is qualified as legal one which i dont know yet wheter msdn aa software can get coa sticker.

any answer would help me because i need to know more about legal issue
    warm regards
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, November 2, 2009 4:11 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Genuine Advantage Offers - Eligibility Issues Forum)
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 6:54 AM

Answers

• Hello josep_vito,

I am not a licensing expert (I support Anti-Piracy technology, not Licensing) but the way I understand it, if you or your oginization has a current MSDNAA subscription and you are using the software within the Licensing Terms of the MSDNAA Subscription, then yes, that software would be Genuine regardless of it not having a "COA Sticker".  In essence, the MSDNAA Subscription paperwork is the COA for the whole subscription.

If you have any additional question regarding your MSDNAA subscription, please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/default.aspx

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:48 PM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hello josep_vito,

I am not a licensing expert (I support Anti-Piracy technology, not Licensing) but the way I understand it, if you or your oginization has a current MSDNAA subscription and you are using the software within the Licensing Terms of the MSDNAA Subscription, then yes, that software would be Genuine regardless of it not having a "COA Sticker".  In essence, the MSDNAA Subscription paperwork is the COA for the whole subscription.

If you have any additional question regarding your MSDNAA subscription, please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/default.aspx

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:48 PM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:47 PM
  • Hello josep_vito,

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    That is the way my Technet works, I have access to oodles and oodles of keys without one single COA, however the license is limited by the terms of my subscription. As long as the OP is within the aggrement of the MSDNAA terms then he is "legal" regardless of wether he has a COA or not. Prior to your MSDNAA account terminating copy print or print to file the EULA and subscription agreements  that outline the use of the key you obtained.
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 2:53 AM