Dual screen PCs RRS feed

• Question

• OOPS! Just saw this is addressed,>>>> I run dual monitors on two of my Vista PCs. When I am in Mesh, and pull the desktop up, it "squishes" it all together. How can I grab only the main monitor? <<<<<IGNORE This part!

Also, will be eventually be able to add Windows Server 2008 machines to the mesh?

Can you let us know what the timetable is for Windows Mobile support?

Love the concept, people. I've been playing with it all day and am deluged with ideas and questions to research. It's completely different from what I was thinking it would be!

• Edited by Notinkeys Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:53 PM Found answer to one question
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

All we can say at this point is that mobile support is coming....

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us.  We've got a whole sticky thread (Wish List) dedicated to those ideas you come up with. :)

Ben.
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:20 PM
  • Regarding your "Server 2008" question.   It is in our radar, but given the installed base, we focused on XP and Vista first. 

Unfortunatelly, we not ready to tell exactly when Server 2008 will be supported.

Thanks,

Newton Sanches - Microsoft Live Mesh
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

All we can say at this point is that mobile support is coming....

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us.  We've got a whole sticky thread (Wish List) dedicated to those ideas you come up with. :)

Ben.
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:20 PM
  • Regarding your "Server 2008" question.   It is in our radar, but given the installed base, we focused on XP and Vista first. 

Unfortunatelly, we not ready to tell exactly when Server 2008 will be supported.

Thanks,

Newton Sanches - Microsoft Live Mesh
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:37 PM
  • Hi

I have a dual screen set up on my work PC running XP Pro.  When I checked the Display settings in Control Panel I found that and the Live Mesh Remote Desktop Curtain Driver had installed itself "in the middle" as monitor number "2".

I have re-positioned the Live Mesh "monitor" so that it is to the right in the Display Properties / Settings window, but it still thinks that it is monitor number "2" (so I currently have: monitor #1, monitor #3 and monitor #2). I have monitor #3 set as the primary monitor.

Is this likely to cause any "problems" with either my PC set up or with Live Mesh remote desktop?

I ask because when I tried to connect remotely yesterday, I found that the PC monitors were displayed in the remote window with monitor #3 on the left and monitor #1 on the right, so things were split across the screens right to left which was just "wrong"...

Non-techie wannabe (sort of)
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:02 AM
  • Shadow, I don't use multiple monitors, so I can't tell you what is expected, but if your local display was normal on both monitors with the Live Mesh monitor in the middle, then moving them around may be the cause for the issue you encountered when remoting to the PC. Have you tried remoting after putting them back the way they were when you first looked?
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:23 PM