Help: Tabs missing from Console started from PC, tabs there if console started from Remote Desktop Connection. RRS feed

• Question

• What have I done? If I launch Windows Home Server Console from my PC, the Add-in tabs are missing. I've reset the console, rebooted, and reinstalled the Home Sever console and the tabs for add-ins do not show.

If I launch the Windows Home Server console within Remote Desktop Connection the tabs show.

Installing or uninstalling the tabs and reinstalling does not show them when launched from the PC.

Thanks

Saturday, February 9, 2008 3:32 PM

All replies

•  

On your client PC uninstall the Windows Home Server connector software once more…

Then proceed to clean your temporary files, you can do this easily by typing %temp% in any addressbar or start -> run -> %TEMP%

You can safely delete all the files in your temp. directory, note that some files if they are currently in use you will not be able to delete so keep trying to skip those… usually they have a ~ prefix if they are in use.

Once this is done, go to your program files directory and ensure the Windows Home Server directory is not present – if it is delete it!

Lastly, delete anything in c:\windows\temp directory

Reboot

Now re-install Windows Home Server Connector

Good Luck

Saturday, February 9, 2008 4:23 PM