Intranet and localhost - unable to preview changes RRS feed

• Question

• Hmm.. I'm currently using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition and I'm in an intranet environment.
    When I run the program on Web Developer, I am running it on a local host.
    But when it goes to the website, it is a address of an intranet website.

Which means I am unable to preview whatever changes I have made in the program.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
    • Moved by eryang Monday, December 14, 2009 3:31 AM (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Monday, December 7, 2009 2:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I advise you to post the question at http://forums.asp.net where asp experts live in, and ASP.NET related questions are tend to get quicker and better support there.

Thanks,

Eric

Please remember to mark helpful replies as answers and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by prince1709 Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:50 AM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Thanks for your post.
    From my understanding of your question, changed made to the web application cannot be saw at runtime, am I right?
    If so, I advise you to clear the Debug and Release folder, then rebuild the web application and try again, hope it can help.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Please remember to mark helpful replies as answers and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:48 AM
  • Thanks for your reply(:

Sorry but i tink i forgot to mention one point.

The files are in .ASP extensions rather than .ASPX ~

So i tink thats the main problem that it's not running properly and it causes errors.

Am I right? I'm not too sure too.

Regards,
    Michelle.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

I advise you to post the question at http://forums.asp.net where asp experts live in, and ASP.NET related questions are tend to get quicker and better support there.

Thanks,

Eric

• Marked as answer by prince1709 Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:50 AM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 7:43 AM