Not receiving calls to OCS clients RRS feed

• Question

• So last week our OCS R2 setup was working fine. Now Monday we are not receiving any phone calls nor are we able to call internally or externally. Everything seems fine on the servers but who knows someone could have changed something.

Any ideas?
    Monday, September 14, 2009 3:54 PM

Answers

• That's a pretty vague description, but I'll suggest looking at a few things.  If it's something that just stopped working, check the OCS Application logs on each server as well as the Application event Log on the each workstation attempting to send/receive voice calls.  There should be a number of errors among all the endpoints to point you in a general direction.

Then validate that some/all of the server accounts passwords have not expired.  If so, take a look at this article for assistence in resolving:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=66

Also, verify that none of the certificates in use by OCS had expired.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by akg8r Monday, September 14, 2009 7:29 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 4:27 PM

All replies

• That's a pretty vague description, but I'll suggest looking at a few things.  If it's something that just stopped working, check the OCS Application logs on each server as well as the Application event Log on the each workstation attempting to send/receive voice calls.  There should be a number of errors among all the endpoints to point you in a general direction.

Then validate that some/all of the server accounts passwords have not expired.  If so, take a look at this article for assistence in resolving:

• Marked as answer by akg8r Monday, September 14, 2009 7:29 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 4:27 PM

The link was the key. It was the exact problem that I was having. You're so super smart Jeff.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 7:29 PM