OCS R2 - Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed OCS R2 and everything ran smoothly and completed with Success Ticks the entire way through.  Now that it has completed I have gone to my DC and tried to view the OCS tabs for each user but I am not seeing them.  Have I missed a step along the way or am i just crazy.

Environment:
    OCS Server:    Windows 2008 64bit (OCS Standard Edt.)
    DC Server 1:       Windows 2008 32bit
    DC Server 2:        Windows 2008 64bit
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:21 PM

All replies

• The OCS admin tools are required in order to see the Communications tab so unless they are installed on the DC you will not see that information.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:05 PM
  •  That did the trick on my DC which is 64bit so thanks for that.  I now see the tabs under each user.

1.  This unfortunately however leads to a further question.  I have another DC which is actually the primary one and it is 32bit.  When I went to install the admin tools on there I got a message saying that I couldn't as the tools are 64bit and op sys is 32bit .... fair enough, but surely the requirements of the OCS to run on 64bit only extend to the Server which OCS is installed on and not to the domain controllers?  IS there a 32 bit version of the admin tools the that can be downloaded somewhere?

2.  I am also still not able to get the client to connect back to the OCS Server, I get a message saying:

"Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable.  If the problem persists, contact your system administrator."

3.  I have been trying to find an administrator guide for the OCS R2 release but can't find one ..... does anyone have a link?
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:43 AM