error 0x80004005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just pid out £95 to get a genuine windows xp pro after buying a new machine from a small supplier 3 years ago and clearly getting a dodgy version of XP.  Tried to run the software,but goyt the above message.  Tried to do one of the fixes on a previous thread, ie activate windows, but in my system tools had no such heading.  Help please!!
    Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul67,

Can you try to activate by doing the following?

1) Click the START button.
    2) Click RUN
    3) Type the following command in the dialog box:  c:\windows\system32\oobe\msoobe /a
    4) Click OK

From here follow the activation wizard prompts.  I hope this helps.  Please let us know.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:52 AM
  • Hi Paul67,

Shoot!!  I was hoping that would work.  Can you run our diagnostic tool and post the results here?  I can reivew it and have one of our developers look at it also and see what else you can try.

1) Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2) Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3) When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4) Is the RESOLVE button available? If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5) From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6) Reply back to this post and and PASTE the entire results into reply.  

One last thing that I thought of that could cause the OOBE not to start.  Sometimes other programs or malware may modify Windows files that need to be read by the OS.  The file I am thinking of is wpa.dbl.  I'm wondering if this file was marked 'read only'.  It should not be.  Windows needs this file.

Try doing this (before you send me the diag output)

2) Click RUN.
    3) Type the following command in the dialog box:  
    attrib -r %windir%\systerm32\wpa.dbl
    4) Click OK.
    5) Reboot the PC.
    6) Try validating again at:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:45 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic output, this helps me greatly!  I can see why the activation wizard wouldn't start despite trying to do so manually.  The product key on the system is still the non-genuine blocked key.  What you need to do is swap out the product key with the new genuine one you recently purchased.  The good news is you won't have to wait until you get the physical media and product key in the mail *if* you bought a copy of Windows XP Professional

If you purchased Windows XP Home Edition, you will have to wait unti you get the media because it will require a reinstall. Unfortunately we cannot swap keys between Windows versions (i.e., Pro --> Home; it must be Pro --> Pro). 

Here are the steps you will need to follow:

1) Locate the email from Microsoft that confirms your purchase of the genuine kit, this mail will also include your new 25-character product key for Windows XP Professional.  Print out this email, or write down the product key.  Be careful, the number '8' can look like the letter 'B' and vice versa. 

2) Go to the following web page:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/PKUInstructions.aspx - This will give you full instructions on how to download and use our product key update tool.  When the tool tells you to enter the product key, use the genuine key you just purchased.

3) Your system will need to be rebooted.  When prompted to 'activate' Windows, please do so.

4) You can re-validate your genuine status at:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en

If you PC was updated properly, it should pass validation when you visit the link referenced in #4 above and you will see a 'Thank You' for validating message, and you are now good to go!  If you get an error for some reason, the web page will tell you why.  You can expand the failure details to get a full description of the failure.  However, I don't anticipate you having any issues! 

Either way, let me know what happens and thanks again for the diagnostic output!!!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Saturday, January 27, 2007 6:40 PM
  •  paul67 marshall wrote:

Michelle

I wish I knew- it was the one that the system automatically recommended- would the data I sent you earlier give you a clue?  My order confirmation  (cost £95.47) simply refers to windows XP.  I will send this, and then go back and copy you my previous data as tou indicate you cannot pick it up at home.  Beyond the call of work?  Excellent customer service, anyhow.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

No worries!! It more than likely from the sound of what you describe is XP Professional.  I've got a request in with the order management team to pull the product description for your order, so I will provide you with confirmation as soon as I know. 

Thanks for the compliment about the excellent customer service.  I appreciate that.  I had some free time on Saturday and decided to check in and see how things were going!  Thanks for being a great customer!!!

~ Michelle

Monday, January 29, 2007 9:21 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I spoke with the PM on my team who is responsible for the product key update tool that you are trying to use.  I spoke with him specifically about the error code you included (thank for this by the way, it was exactly what he needed to know). 

Error Ox80004005 - can be caused by a couple of things. 

1) First it can be caused by a firewall or proxy server preventing the application from communicating back and forth (during it's scan and conversion). 

Do you have either a proxy server or firewall in place?  If you do, please make sure you allow the in-bound or out-bound traffic while the product key update tool is running.  Ports 80 and 443 must be configured on the firewall to allow traffic if they are not already.

2) The other cause of error Ox80004005 is if during the file scan, it detects differences between the file on your PC and what the original file should be.  If the scan fails, I believe you can continue with the online conversion to 'genuine'. 

There is a small chance that if the files are corrupted beyond the point that the PKUT (product key update tool) can update them, you may have to perform a repair install when you obtain your genuine XP media via the postal mail.

Just to be safe, I would recommend that you back-up your files (i.e., My Documents, Bookmarks/Favorites, email, etc). 

Let me know if either #1 or #2 above describe your situation.

Talk to you soon,
    Michelle

Monday, January 29, 2007 10:11 PM
  • Paul67,

Encountering the 0x80004005 error when running the Product Key Updater utility is an indicator that the MS Key Updater utility is having difficulty communicating with MS servers.  The error message is a little misleading, because of course the computer is connected with the internet......in reality there is something on the computer or in its settings that is preventing the MS program from working with the MS servers.

Quite often the cause of the above is a personal firewall program that has to be set (often called "creating a rule") to allow the updater program full access to the internet.  Also, some antivirus programs have rudimentary firewalls included and the same applies.  Less often there are antimalware programs installed that may be seeing the Updater's activity and thinking it is malware.  Two much less frequent causes are the computer having proxy settings set (which is not the case for you, as the mgadiag report says you are not using a proxy), and misconfigured Internet Service Provider (ISP) DNS servers, which would of course be out of your control.  If you have addressed all other possibilities with no success, you may want to try changing DNS servers to different settings, such as the settings found at www.opendns.com.

Good luck and post back with results!

Monday, January 29, 2007 10:16 PM
  • Hi Paul,

We did confirm your order for the genuine kit.  You purchased and will be receiving Windows XP Professional

Thanks!!
    Michelle

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:57 PM

Michelle

Success at last.  I de activated norton firewall- that had no effect, then uninstalled spyware doctor and it did the trick!  Have successfully uypdated product key, and now running a norton system check, and will then hopefully get va load of windows updates to fix things like the fact I cannot do a system restore!

Many thanks for all of your efforts.  I now await the disk.  Interesting to see vista go live today- I think I will get value for money from my recent spend for a while.

Paul

Hi Paul,

OUTSTANDING!!!!  This is wonderful news!!!!!  Just make sure you have Automatic Updates turned ON, or at minimum visit the Windows Update site and scan for any of the critical security updates you may not have installed yet. 

You are quite welcome for the assistance.  Thank you for sticking with us while we tried to get your issue resolved.

Take care,
    Michelle

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:55 PM
  •  

Please read Dan's post on the preceeding page of this thread.

STephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:17 PM
  • Hello,

Please read the preceeding page and follow the guidance Dan posted.  Thank you :-)

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul67,

Can you try to activate by doing the following?

2) Click RUN
    3) Type the following command in the dialog box:  c:\windows\system32\oobe\msoobe /a
    4) Click OK

From here follow the activation wizard prompts.  I hope this helps.  Please let us know.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:52 AM
  • Michelle

Thanks for trying but it had no effect- message was that it referred to a file that was unavailabe.  Said I should be connected to the internet- I already was.  I do have a file called msoobe in the oobe directory- double clicking on it does not activate the waizard either.  Not sure what to do next

Paul

Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:31 PM
  • Hi Paul67,

Shoot!!  I was hoping that would work.  Can you run our diagnostic tool and post the results here?  I can reivew it and have one of our developers look at it also and see what else you can try.

1) Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2) Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3) When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4) Is the RESOLVE button available? If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5) From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6) Reply back to this post and and PASTE the entire results into reply.  

One last thing that I thought of that could cause the OOBE not to start.  Sometimes other programs or malware may modify Windows files that need to be read by the OS.  The file I am thinking of is wpa.dbl.  I'm wondering if this file was marked 'read only'.  It should not be.  Windows needs this file.

Try doing this (before you send me the diag output)

2) Click RUN.
    3) Type the following command in the dialog box:  
    attrib -r %windir%\systerm32\wpa.dbl
    4) Click OK.
    5) Reboot the PC.
    6) Try validating again at:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:45 PM
  • Thanks for the help.  I have tried all of that, but to no avail.  Here is a copy of the screen.

Diagnostic Report (1.5.0723.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-D8F73-8FV74-HY7DT
    Windows Product Key Hash: KF1u0QG7P+i6HUAHICN6IguXYrI=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-647-6717421-23007
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: dc28f670-fc21-4f07-935b-de6387507175
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.723.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 5
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x800b0100
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x800b0100

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-3175-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrowser.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>dc28f670-fc21-4f07-935b-de6387507175</UGUID><Version>1.5.0723.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-HY7DT</PKey><PID>55274-647-6717421-23007</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1614895754-920026266-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>VIA</Manufacturer><Model>K7VT2</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>P1.20</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20021210000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>5359386F0184205B</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>80FAE89A24CE500</Val><Hash>S5vosprQ6DcAUTEmeHHsERE88+E=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-4246487-57650</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

I appreciate that it seems that I have an illegal group product key, but I have just paid £95 to get a proper key from microsoft but cannot seem to get past first base to activate it.  Do I need to wait 28 days for the disk or whateve it is that gets sent out by post?  I had assumed (incorrectly) that all I really needed was to download the software.  My order number for the passkey was 01130012977736.

Thanks

Paul 

Friday, January 26, 2007 8:40 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic output, this helps me greatly!  I can see why the activation wizard wouldn't start despite trying to do so manually.  The product key on the system is still the non-genuine blocked key.  What you need to do is swap out the product key with the new genuine one you recently purchased.  The good news is you won't have to wait until you get the physical media and product key in the mail *if* you bought a copy of Windows XP Professional

If you purchased Windows XP Home Edition, you will have to wait unti you get the media because it will require a reinstall. Unfortunately we cannot swap keys between Windows versions (i.e., Pro --> Home; it must be Pro --> Pro). 

Here are the steps you will need to follow:

1) Locate the email from Microsoft that confirms your purchase of the genuine kit, this mail will also include your new 25-character product key for Windows XP Professional.  Print out this email, or write down the product key.  Be careful, the number '8' can look like the letter 'B' and vice versa. 

2) Go to the following web page:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/PKUInstructions.aspx - This will give you full instructions on how to download and use our product key update tool.  When the tool tells you to enter the product key, use the genuine key you just purchased.

3) Your system will need to be rebooted.  When prompted to 'activate' Windows, please do so.

4) You can re-validate your genuine status at:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en

If you PC was updated properly, it should pass validation when you visit the link referenced in #4 above and you will see a 'Thank You' for validating message, and you are now good to go!  If you get an error for some reason, the web page will tell you why.  You can expand the failure details to get a full description of the failure.  However, I don't anticipate you having any issues! 

Either way, let me know what happens and thanks again for the diagnostic output!!!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Saturday, January 27, 2007 6:40 PM
  • Seems like I will have to wait until the software arrives- the process you described is waxctly what I have been trying bto do and giving me the original error message.  I was going onto the  provided website, attempting to download the software at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=45668, tried to run the proicess and after 5 seconds got the error message.  Thought I had purchased the correct item as I ran the microsoft system test and was directed to purchase it.  I am now getting slightly annoyed with the process!  Hope the post arrives soon and hope even more thatv it actually fixes the problem or I will be asking for my money back!

Thanks gfor all of your help.

Paul

Saturday, January 27, 2007 8:20 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Which version of Windows did you order from us?  Was it the Home Edition?  Or did you purchase the Professional Edition?  I would use your order information you provided in an earlier post to look it up, but I don't have access to that system from home. 

If you have the Professional Edition and you are having this issue, I can talk to one of our developers for some suggestions.  Let me know and if it's an issue with the product key update tool, I will follow up with my team on Monday morning.

I am so sorry you are having such a bad experience with this, I feel terrible.  We'll try to get this figured out one way or another.

Thanks,
    Michelle

P.S.  I know the dev team is going to ask...so I'd better ask you.  Is the Product Key Update Tool issuing any type of error?  What step do you fail on?  Is it just trying to install the key update tool, or is it after the tool loads and you enter the product key?

Saturday, January 27, 2007 9:15 PM
  • Michelle

I wish I knew- it was the one that the system automatically recommended- would the data I sent you earlier give you a clue?  My order confirmation  (cost £95.47) simply refers to windows XP.  I will send this, and then go back and copy you my previous data as tou indicate you cannot pick it up at home.  Beyond the call of work?  Excellent customer service, anyhow.

Thanks

Paul

Saturday, January 27, 2007 9:53 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.5.0723.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-D8F73-8FV74-HY7DT
    Windows Product Key Hash: KF1u0QG7P+i6HUAHICN6IguXYrI=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-647-6717421-23007
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: dc28f670-fc21-4f07-935b-de6387507175
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.723.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 5
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x800b0100
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x800b0100

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-3175-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrowser.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>dc28f670-fc21-4f07-935b-de6387507175</UGUID><Version>1.5.0723.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-HY7DT</PKey><PID>55274-647-6717421-23007</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1614895754-920026266-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>VIA</Manufacturer><Model>K7VT2</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>P1.20</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20021210000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>5359386F0184205B</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>80FAE89A24CE500</Val><Hash>S5vosprQ6DcAUTEmeHHsERE88+E=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-4246487-57650</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

I appreciate that it seems that I have an illegal group product key, but I have just paid £95 to get a proper key from microsoft but cannot seem to get past first base to activate it.  Do I need to wait 28 days for the disk or whateve it is that gets sent out by post?  I had assumed (incorrectly) that all I really needed was to download the software.  My order number for the passkey was 01130012977736.

Thanks

Paul 

The error it is indicating is the very one that started this thread- the error code Ox80004005 once I commence to run the tool.  I download as requested on the windows key product update site, run as indicated, commence the wizard, which validates then as soon as it starts the download, gives the product key update failure- error Ox80004005 andsays the machine should be connected to the internet, which it is as I have MSM or internet explorer at the time.

Thanks

Paul

Saturday, January 27, 2007 10:00 PM

Michelle

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

No worries!! It more than likely from the sound of what you describe is XP Professional.  I've got a request in with the order management team to pull the product description for your order, so I will provide you with confirmation as soon as I know. 

Thanks for the compliment about the excellent customer service.  I appreciate that.  I had some free time on Saturday and decided to check in and see how things were going!  Thanks for being a great customer!!!

~ Michelle

Monday, January 29, 2007 9:21 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I spoke with the PM on my team who is responsible for the product key update tool that you are trying to use.  I spoke with him specifically about the error code you included (thank for this by the way, it was exactly what he needed to know). 

Error Ox80004005 - can be caused by a couple of things. 

1) First it can be caused by a firewall or proxy server preventing the application from communicating back and forth (during it's scan and conversion). 

Do you have either a proxy server or firewall in place?  If you do, please make sure you allow the in-bound or out-bound traffic while the product key update tool is running.  Ports 80 and 443 must be configured on the firewall to allow traffic if they are not already.

2) The other cause of error Ox80004005 is if during the file scan, it detects differences between the file on your PC and what the original file should be.  If the scan fails, I believe you can continue with the online conversion to 'genuine'. 

There is a small chance that if the files are corrupted beyond the point that the PKUT (product key update tool) can update them, you may have to perform a repair install when you obtain your genuine XP media via the postal mail.

Just to be safe, I would recommend that you back-up your files (i.e., My Documents, Bookmarks/Favorites, email, etc). 

Let me know if either #1 or #2 above describe your situation.

Talk to you soon,
    Michelle

Monday, January 29, 2007 10:11 PM
  • Paul67,

Encountering the 0x80004005 error when running the Product Key Updater utility is an indicator that the MS Key Updater utility is having difficulty communicating with MS servers.  The error message is a little misleading, because of course the computer is connected with the internet......in reality there is something on the computer or in its settings that is preventing the MS program from working with the MS servers.

Quite often the cause of the above is a personal firewall program that has to be set (often called "creating a rule") to allow the updater program full access to the internet.  Also, some antivirus programs have rudimentary firewalls included and the same applies.  Less often there are antimalware programs installed that may be seeing the Updater's activity and thinking it is malware.  Two much less frequent causes are the computer having proxy settings set (which is not the case for you, as the mgadiag report says you are not using a proxy), and misconfigured Internet Service Provider (ISP) DNS servers, which would of course be out of your control.  If you have addressed all other possibilities with no success, you may want to try changing DNS servers to different settings, such as the settings found at www.opendns.com.

Good luck and post back with results!

Monday, January 29, 2007 10:16 PM
  • Hi Paul,

We did confirm your order for the genuine kit.  You purchased and will be receiving Windows XP Professional

Thanks!!
    Michelle

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:57 PM
  • Michelle

Success at last.  I de activated norton firewall- that had no effect, then uninstalled spyware doctor and it did the trick!  Have successfully uypdated product key, and now running a norton system check, and will then hopefully get va load of windows updates to fix things like the fact I cannot do a system restore!

Many thanks for all of your efforts.  I now await the disk.  Interesting to see vista go live today- I think I will get value for money from my recent spend for a while.

Paul

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:40 PM

Michelle

Paul

Hi Paul,

OUTSTANDING!!!!  This is wonderful news!!!!!  Just make sure you have Automatic Updates turned ON, or at minimum visit the Windows Update site and scan for any of the critical security updates you may not have installed yet. 

You are quite welcome for the assistance.  Thank you for sticking with us while we tried to get your issue resolved.

Take care,
    Michelle

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:55 PM
  • I have a similiar problem and wonder if you (Michelle) are still around to help out. You really seem to know what you are doing.

i really need help.  I get the same error when i try to update my Windows Media Cener 2002 ver.  at the Microsoft website.  Tell me you would like me to do...  the tool ....linkid=52012 seemed to help out a lot.  Would you like for me try it first?   

Sunday, July 8, 2007 2:30 AM
  • I too, have the problem, just don't  know what to do.!!  I really need help.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 12:13 PM
  •  

Please read Dan's post on the preceeding page of this thread.

STephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:17 PM
  • Hello,

Please read the preceeding page and follow the guidance Dan posted.  Thank you :-)

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:19 PM