Windows Meta File Vulnerabilty RRS feed

• Question

• This has burned me once already. I wasn't sure how much one care covered. All of it I found out later. This program is up right now and does not want to go away, say's I'm infected with 43, time before was 1308. I bought this virus pertection and windows one care removed it about an hour later. I tried to contact this place " windows personal antivirus" to get my money back and had no response. I also wrote to one care and got nothing. So, like I said this program is up now and won't go away, I did a system scan with one care and it tells me I'm good no problems. And yet I'm getting all these warnings one right after another, Trojan.Wincod, Bloodhound.PDF.8, W32.Pavsee.C. If I hit ignore 30 seconds later it pops up again, if I hit block it takes  me to a get lis. page to buy the Virus Protection. If I go to the support deal off the page I get the mailerdeamon notice. They advertise as being part of windows, and I am out $ already.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, August 14, 2009 4:28 PM (From:Windows Live OneCare – Off Topic)
    Friday, August 14, 2009 10:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please contact support for help with malware removal. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, August 14, 2009 4:28 PM
  • Jim is correct that contacting support is the way to go. Unfortunately, you were scammed by the malware into installing and purchasing it and it is unlikely that you will ever receive a response from the "company" you submitted payment to. I recommend that you contact your credit card company to have the charge reversed.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:01 AM