Only main page shows up in the Results RRS feed

• Question

• Indexing Problems - Sitemap submitted and linked in robots.txt

I don't really care much as of yet, and i sure won't spend a lot of time trying to fix this issiue.

Only the main page is getting indexed by live search, (www.brugbart.com) despite having mod-rewrite anabled for simplified URL's, and submitted a sitemap, not to mention linked the sitemap from the robots.txt.

The site appears to be in good standing with a nice domain score at 4 bars. And no crawl issues from the webmaster tools I.E. "No data is available." Still it claims that 2 pages are indexed (presumebly the sitemap along with the main page), but only one page is showing.

The site was last crawled 01-07-2008 According to Webmaster Tools, which is rather long ago, compared to Google and Yahoo's Crawler.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried resubmitting your sitemap with updated dates? Sometimes that helps.

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:42 PM

All replies

•  

Any idea as of what might be going on?
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:05 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried resubmitting your sitemap with updated dates? Sometimes that helps.

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:42 PM
  •  

I did try to resubmit after waiting a few days.

The sitemap is an Index containing 5 other Maps, which are generated dynamically Server-Side, maybe the crawler don't like sitemap indexes?

The included content of the other maps would be lastmod changefreq and priority along with the location.

I.E. http://www.brugbart.com/SiteMapIndex.php

I just checked my sitemap, and it would seam that i didn't serve the sitemap using Content-Type: application/xml, I'm not sure if this would mean anything, since both google and yahoo seams fine.

In php this would be something like header('Content-Type: application/xml'); Maybe this will fix the problem, resubmitting when fixed.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:35 AM