WHS reports incorrect WLOC client status RRS feed

• Question

• When I start a computer running WLOC (Windows Live One Care) WHS reports no virus or spyware protection, via the network health status. WLOC is showing a green status at the same time. The situation is resolved in a couple of minutes, but is disconcerting non the less. Any way to have WHS poll the correct status of WLOC? I know that Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are circum vented by WLOC and this might be part of the problem. Thanks
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 7:27 PM

All replies

• I am also running WLOC on a couple of the client computers and I am seeing the same behavior, but only when starting up the client computers.  It does resolve itself pretty quickly, but it does get your attention.  It is most disconcerting when you see it reported on one of the other client computers.
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:11 PM
  • I'm having the same problem with Norton 360 on my Windows Vista Home Premium machine.  The home server detects that the built-in spyware protection is not running and issues two alerts: the first one saying that no spyware protection is running, and the second one saying that my network health is critical.  After Norton 360 finishes booting, these messages go away, but only after several minutes.

I don't want to completely turn off this monitoring, but I don't want users of this computer to get red flag warnings every time they boot the machine either.  Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, March 19, 2007 6:49 PM