none
Remote Access problem with the domain after KB 979453 update RRS feed

  • Question

  • A couple of days ago, I saw a red status icon in my system tray on a PC.  When I logged into the server to check network status, I saw this error message:

    "Windows Home Server has been updated. To enhance your Web site security, go to the Windows Home Server Settings, Remote Access page, click Configure, and complete the wizard to update your domain name settings."

    I went into settings>Remote Access>Configure Domain name.  I first tried the "choose another domain" , reusing my current domain, and I got a "Domain Name Setup Failed" window with a "Cannot find object or property 80092004" error.

    Then I followed doug2h's instructions from this thread.  I still can't run through configuration without the error above.

     

    I tried uninstalling the update KB 979453, and even if I try to reconfigure the domain and get an updated certificate, remote access is still broken.

     

    Ideas?  Nothing else has changed in my network (router, etc).  I checked my DynDNS domain, and it still works (as I assumed).

    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:09 PM

All replies

  • I never solved this problem. Can anybody at least point me in a direction to fixing this? My knowledge on server certificates is minimal at best, and I'm over my head here.

     

    On the screen where you select a domain name, my current name is still under my Live ID. What happens to that if I chose another one to test with? Do I lose my current one?

     

    Any help would be appreciated. This is frustrating.

    Monday, May 30, 2011 1:08 AM
  • I just switched routers, and thought I'd try to look into this again. Same problems. I switched domain names and Windows Live accounts associated with the server, also to no effect.

    Nobody has a clue as to what to look at? It's been over a year, and all the various things I've tried have been to no effect.

    Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:57 PM
  • I have a vague recollection of this issue. I think that I got around it by removing my homeserver domain name then re-adding it.
    qts
    Friday, September 2, 2011 8:19 AM
  • I have a vague recollection of this issue. I think that I got around it by removing my homeserver domain name then re-adding it.
    qts

    I tried that. I even switched to a different Live ID and a whole separate domain.


    Thanks for the thought, though. I've thought about just reinstalling the OS, but that sounds like a big pain just to fix this.

    Friday, September 2, 2011 10:17 PM