none
locker.bat

Question

• I am using htg locker.bat

After locking the folder, the private folder should disappear but in my case the private folder is still visible. The only difference is that from its folder name PRIVATE it just change into HTG LOCKER.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, June 27, 2016 1:51 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Friday, June 24, 2016 8:28 AM

Answers

• Hello,

For what it's worth, that scheme (locker.bat) is in no way secure.

Anyone can read the password stored in the .bat file, and anyone can un-hide the folder if you get the locker.bat to hide it.

However, general Windows questions should be asked in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, June 27, 2016 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - Software Resources' forum is for posts related to MSDNAA and Direct Student Downloads for availing Microsoft Software as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, June 27, 2016 1:48 PM
  • Hello,

For what it's worth, that scheme (locker.bat) is in no way secure.

Anyone can read the password stored in the .bat file, and anyone can un-hide the folder if you get the locker.bat to hide it.

However, general Windows questions should be asked in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, June 27, 2016 1:50 PM