How to implement MS CRM 4.0 Datawarehouse ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does it makes sense to have a CRM datawarehouse .I see out of box we dont get this .Even we build Can we configure CRM advanced find queries and reports to this Datawarehouse ? Idea is to seperate CRM for Online and Offline Business .Any sugguest ?

Friday, June 11, 2010 11:23 AM

Answers

• I think a data warehouse for CRM makes sense in large companies where an organization wants to aggregate data from multiple systems for mining and analysis.  You can use 'standard' best practices for creating the data warehouse.  There are several online references from Microsoft and other vendors as well as many books on the subject matter.

If you do decide to implement a data warehouse, you would most likely use SQL tools to populate the warehouse and SQL Reports or other preferred reporting tool to mine the data in a way that allows you to trend and analyze. 

If you only need to mine CRM data and you don't want to do it from the production server, then you could consider a more simple method of restoring a database backup on a weekly or monthly basis to a SQL database and drive your analytics from that database.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010 6:06 PM