Problem with Case Entity Workflow with Status "Waiting" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm running CRM 4.0 with Rollup 19 applied on Windows 2008 64 Bit Enterprise Server with 64 Bit SQL 2005.

I have created a simple work flow using a template with plain text.  The workflow itself checks   if Case Origin = Website and it should send an email from one user in CRM user database to another user. The workflow is set to Orgainistion, When Record is Created, and Child Work Flow.

WHen a new case is created with Case Origin of Website  the workflow although triggered remains with a Status Reason of "Waiting"

If I double click on the workflow from the Case the workflow displays an error messge of A SQL server error occurred. Try this action again, If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organisation's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator

Thanks Adam

Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

Can you make sure the users "To" and "From", both as valid email address

Can you see any activity in CRM activities? after this workflow triggered

Many Thanks -Bhautik Desai xRM Technologies
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:21 PM
  • Hi Bhautik,

Both users have valid email addresses.

There is nothing in Activities.

Thanks

Adam

Saturday, December 3, 2011 6:51 AM
  • Further to my last comments I have obtained the following information obtained from Systems Job --> Advanced Find and enabling Error Code and Message.
    Error Code:

Workflow paused due to error: Unhandled Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. Detail: <detail><error>  <code>0x80044150</code>  <description>Generic SQL error.</description>  <type>Platform</type> </error></detail>  at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)  at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)  at Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.CrmService.Execute(Request Request)  at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.SdkTypeProxyCrmServiceWrapper.Execute(Object request)  at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.SendEmailFromTemplateActivityService.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext, SendEmailFromTemplateActivity emailActivity)  at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Activities.SendEmailFromTemplateActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)  at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)  at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)  at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)  at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

Thanks Adam
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 8:47 PM
  • Hi

Just to find out the problem, can you do following step and let me know what happend?

(1) In CRM goto Activity under My Work

(2)create new email manually from the activity

(3) set the same address as workflow email in To and From

(4) if it gives any error then go to next step

(5) in email "From field" you keep your address

let see what happend

It looks to me you dont have permisstion to email impersonate... (in From email)

Many Thanks -Bhautik Desai xRM Technologies
    Monday, December 5, 2011 9:53 AM
  • Hi Bhautik,

I was able to send email from Activiites in CRM using the send address used in the Workflow.

Thanks 

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:14 AM