My One Care isnt working. RRS feed

• Question

• I have some problems with One care. Every time i start up my computer i get the red symbol. Also it tunes up my pc every time  i turn it on. Ive figured out why its because my date and time is off. But ive had to update that constantly. Every time i turn on my pc the time is correct but the date says 10/12/2007. Also it says my account has expired but i have quest so how could it expire? Qwest uses One Care with thier internet service. Any help with this would be much appreciated thanks.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:29 AM

Answers

• It sounds like you may need to replace the battery on your PC motherboard if the date is not being retained. The date issue is exactly why your status is red, tune-up runs at each boot, and why your account shows expired. You must resolve the date issue in order to have OneCare working correctly.
    Your subscription is shown as expired due to the date issue. Yes, your subscription is likely fine since you are a Qwest subscriber. You can contact Qwest for help:
    http://kai03.qwest.com/WindowsLive/Default.aspx?page=Default

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:47 PM