A couple of options in Tune-Up RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

For the last couple of hours I have read the WLOC Final and Beta forums for discussions on Tune-Up settings thinking I had a chance to get rid of this yellow circle in my tray.  Much to my dismay there are no answers.  I'm suspecting that the thought was to not exclusively forget about tuning up your PC every so often.  I have no problem with that.  In fact I like the feature... somewhat.  However here's what I think should be experienced.

Now I'm quite certain that in this day and age people who own a PC have either 

• One huge Hard Drive filled with data or,
    • Two or more Hard Drives filled with data.

I happen to fall under that latter option, where I work with lot of digital pictures and music all the time.  One thing I seem to have an issue with Tune-Up is it automatically 'Tune-Ups' every single mounted drive on the PC.  This being said it can take up to a day and a half for the OneCare tune-up service to actually get around 60% of the job done.  What I'm declaring is that an option on which hard drive to choose is given either during first-time setup, or the ability to change which drive(s) are scheduled to go through tune-up.  Hopefully something like this is possible, as I really have enjoyed WLOC since it's original beta was released to the public.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 3:56 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback. As you have found, there are no options allowing you to customize tune-up, unfortunately. I know that you are not alone with this request.

-steve

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 3:50 PM