none
Having issues with MSCOMCTL.OCX - Unable to insert specified OLE Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  I am having issues with Microsoft Tabstrip Control 6.0 (SP4.0) on a Windows 2008 server.  The main issue appears to be with the fact that I cannot insert this control and the error I recieve is "Unable to insert the specified OLE control".  I have unregistered and re-registered the .ocx from c:\windows\sysWow64, but still no go.  Any help with this is appreciated.
    • Moved by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:20 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 2:39 PM

All replies

• Where are you trying to insert the control? Keep in mind this is a VB 6.0 component, and that development environment is no longer supported.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, September 7, 2017 4:47 PM
  • Thanks Paul - this is with a product called CygNet Studio.  CygNet is a SCADA software and yes I understand that it's a VB 6.0 component.  However, this product works fine on my production server, but not on a DEV server.
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:34 PM
  • Not familiar with the software. Is it running 32-bit or 64-bit? MSComctl.ocx is limited to 32-bit.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:26 PM
  • Hi Pico J,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This forum is to talk about visual studio IDE, I recommend you ask the question in CygNet forum, thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 5:31 AM
  • It is running 32-bit.  It works fine on one machine, but not another.  They are both are running Windows server 2008 SP1.
    Monday, September 11, 2017 1:23 PM
  • It is running 32-bit.  It works fine on one machine, but not another.  They are both are running Windows server 2008 SP1.

There is one dependency, comcat.dll. I would check to see if that component is present and registered. I probably won't be able to help beyond that since I do not know anything about CygNet.

Monday, September 11, 2017 8:58 PM