PC Extremely Slow and getting and erros RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I run Windows XP system and latelly my PC when connecting to the internet has been rining extremelly slow but freezes, also I'm getting the following error.

svchost.exe Application Error
    The instruction at "0x10001e41 reference memory at "0x42b3000", The memory could not be read

Click on Ok TO TERMINATE THE PROGRAM
    click on cancel to debug the program

I've done both still appearing and my computer freezes to much.

Help?
    • Moved by liurong luo Monday, April 27, 2009 2:15 AM not a Visual Studio Debugger issue. (From:Visual Studio Debugger)
    Friday, April 24, 2009 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Munekka,

For the error at the login screen ( SVCHOST.EXE - Application Error the Instruction at 0x7c918fea referenced memory @ 0x00000010. The memery could not be written ) The solution is as follows:

1- Go to Control Panel      2- Administrative Tools              3- Services            

4- go to the following Service : ( Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework ) Right Click then choose Properties ----> in the start up type choose Disabled.

Then reboot the system.

This should do the trick and stop the error from appearing at the login screen. I guess that Windows MediaPlayer 11 is the one responsible for this error.

I would also recommend that you post your question to one of the Discussions in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general located here: 

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&cat=en_us_0cc55ed7-e23e-4264-97e8-eb7d5a162b12&lang=en&cr=us

Hope this helps you.

Have a great day!

Monday, April 27, 2009 5:01 AM