how to add a unbounded column in to grid RRS feed

• Question

• I have to add a button cloumn into entity list view. how to do it, the question can be simplified to how to add a unbounded column in to list view

Thanks!

John

Monday, May 14, 2012 3:45 PM

Answers

• ah well, the field needs to exist in the database schema in order to diplay it in a view. However, the data in the field does not necessarily have to be stored in the database, it can be calculated on the fly when you refresh the view or open the records. To do that you'd have to register a plugin on RetrieveMulitple for the entity and then calculate the field in code. It can be tricky and have performance implications to do so (imagine users retrieve 250 records or more), so I would recommend creating a real field with real data stored in database.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, May 14, 2012 5:59 PM
  • Is the only way to add not mapped value (as Gonzalo called) using plug-in? any other easier way? the performance is not a issue....

You are not able to add not mapped field to standard grid - anyway you will have to create it in CRM. In case you want to create unbound field you will have to with custom forms and html webresource.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Monday, May 14, 2012 9:16 PM

All replies

• I have to add a button cloumn into entity list view. how to do it, the question can be simplified to how to add a unbounded column in to list view

Thanks!

John

Monday, May 14, 2012 3:47 PM
  • what do you mean by "unbounded"?

Monday, May 14, 2012 5:36 PM
  • what do you mean by "unbounded"?

It seems that this means that John wants to add column to View which is not mapped to any of CRM Attribute.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Monday, May 14, 2012 5:53 PM
  • ah well, the field needs to exist in the database schema in order to diplay it in a view. However, the data in the field does not necessarily have to be stored in the database, it can be calculated on the fly when you refresh the view or open the records. To do that you'd have to register a plugin on RetrieveMulitple for the entity and then calculate the field in code. It can be tricky and have performance implications to do so (imagine users retrieve 250 records or more), so I would recommend creating a real field with real data stored in database.

Monday, May 14, 2012 5:59 PM
  • Is the only way to add not mapped value (as Gonzalo called) using plug-in? any other easier way? the performance is not a issue....

Monday, May 14, 2012 8:36 PM

You are not able to add not mapped field to standard grid - anyway you will have to create it in CRM. In case you want to create unbound field you will have to with custom forms and html webresource.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Monday, May 14, 2012 9:16 PM