none
98-364 RRS feed

Answers

• Which company chooses 98-364 ?

I interpret this to be "which company chooses to hire candidates who have passed exam 98-364". My own impression is that the answer would be "virtually none". And let me qualify this answer:

This is the MTA exam on Database Fundamentals. It is an entry-level exam that is intended for students or people who are just starting on their certifications, so that they can accredit some basic knowledge on the subject, with the intention of later moving into more complex certifications such as the MCTS. While it is a good starting point to prove that you know the basics, a company that is seeking a database professional will problably want someone who not only knows the basic theory, but also the technology and the products such as SQL Server that they are using. This would mean at least an MCTS certification on SQL Server, or even better a MCSA or MCITP or MCSE:Data Platform.

Monday, June 3, 2013 7:34 AM

All replies

• Sorry for the inconvenience. I believe your post was deleted by mistake. We were having problems with a new spam filter, which has now been resolved.

From your profile I see you first asked this question in the following forum:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/CertGeneral/threads/

This forum is for questions/problems with the Forums themselves (which you have had). I will try to move this to the Training and Certification forum, but if I cannot, you should be able to ask your question in using the link above.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, June 1, 2013 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

could you please make your question more clear?

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, June 2, 2013 4:01 PM
    Answerer
  • Which company chooses 98-364 ?

I interpret this to be "which company chooses to hire candidates who have passed exam 98-364". My own impression is that the answer would be "virtually none". And let me qualify this answer:

This is the MTA exam on Database Fundamentals. It is an entry-level exam that is intended for students or people who are just starting on their certifications, so that they can accredit some basic knowledge on the subject, with the intention of later moving into more complex certifications such as the MCTS. While it is a good starting point to prove that you know the basics, a company that is seeking a database professional will problably want someone who not only knows the basic theory, but also the technology and the products such as SQL Server that they are using. This would mean at least an MCTS certification on SQL Server, or even better a MCSA or MCITP or MCSE:Data Platform.

Monday, June 3, 2013 7:34 AM