none
Sort by helpful votes RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to be able to search a forum and find the most helpful responses.  In other words, I want to sort by # of helpful votes.  This is different than sorting by views or replies.

If this is possible now, please tell me how to do it.  If not, then please take it as a suggestion.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:14 PM

All replies

• I want to sort by # of helpful votes.

It's a bit of a half feature now but the Helpful checkbox seems to do what you are asking for.   There used to be three columns which included the total number of helpful votes in a thread (IIRC--what Answers still does).  But now it looks like it may be sorting by individual posts having votes and then showing the resulting list of threads.

If you are subscribed to a forum you could use XML filtering to do what you want with your cached copy.   Hmm...  NOT?   I must be thinking of Answers again.  ;  )

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:13 PM
  • It's a bit of a half feature now but the Helpful checkbox seems to do what you are asking for.

No, I tried that.  It doesn't sort by # of helpful votes.  In fact, threads with a small number of helpful posts disappear entirely from the search results.  And the remaining results are not sorted.

That helpful checkbox seems to be much less than half a feature.  :(

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:17 PM