Adding Haard drive RRS feed

• Question

•  

About a mothn ago i installed WHS. And I love it.I am still working out some buggs,but it is great.

I wanted to add a couple of more Hard drives. And would need to used a Hard drive controller Because I am out of spots on my mother board.  Do i just shut down my WHS and install the Hard drive controller and Hard drives as i would normally do(as if i was doing this on an XP machine)?

I assume i will have to install drivers for the hard drive controller. It came with a driver disk. Will WHS walk me through this?

Sorry im new to most of this computer stuff. I may be asking a lot of dumb questions.

Friday, April 4, 2008 4:01 AM

Answers

• That's more or less correct. For maximum compatibility and stability, you need to ensure that any add-in card has drivers for Server 2003, which WHS is based on.

After that, install the card, it will ask you to provide the drivers, and then you just add the drives. WHS will ask you if you want them added to the pool or not, and if you say 'yes', it will add them to the storage pool.

Note the current corruption bug, which only affects systems with more than one hard drive, you may want to wait until the patch is released.

Colin

Friday, April 4, 2008 3:06 PM