Unable to figure out why my computer is screwing up RRS feed

• Question

• Im having one heck of a problem.

I woke up, got onto my computer to check email, and there were dozens of windows open, and several "end program" boxes that were frozen.
    the whole computer was frozen. 
    I wasnt able to close anything out or do anything, so i restarted the computer.

Then, it loaded just fine, but as it got to the desktop, some icons looked awkward, some didnt, and then it froze again.
    So, I figured it was just having a hard time with all the ____ that was on there last time, so i restarted... same problem.

I logged into safemode and removed a few things that were unnecesary, and ran a virus/malware/spyware program, nothing was found and if it was, i removed it.

Now im going through phases where, I restart the computer, able to search and click on things because it loads just fine, but after 10-15 minutes, it freezes and im unable to do anything but restart it again.
    The other phase, is that it just restarts and freezes as soon as everything on the desktop is loaded.

Im somewhat computer literate, and this is confusing the ____ out of me.
    There are no virus's on my computer, all of my hardware and software drivers and things are updated, and all of the security for microsoft is updated as well.

Theres no reason why my computer should freeze like this.
    No reason at all.

I dont know what happened while I was asleep (im starting to consider aliens here), but something did, and now its screwed up my computer.

Another note, i cannot get a scan/clean disk completed, it wont restore, and it wont defrag.

Please help me, im about to hit it with a hammer!!!!!!!!
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello , 

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the (Windows Client TechCenter > Windows XP IT Pro Forums > Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) ) forum located here:  (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/threads).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by ashawani_dubey Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by ashawani_dubey Monday, February 1, 2010 1:03 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:22 PM
  • Im having one heck of a problem.

I woke up, got onto my computer to check email, and there were dozens of windows open, and several "end program" boxes that were frozen.
    the whole computer was frozen. 
    I wasnt able to close anything out or do anything, so i restarted the computer.

Then, it loaded just fine, but as it got to the desktop, some icons looked awkward, some didnt, and then it froze again.
    So, I figured it was just having a hard time with all the ____ that was on there last time, so i restarted... same problem.

I logged into safemode and removed a few things that were unnecesary, and ran a virus/malware/spyware program, nothing was found and if it was, i removed it.

Now im going through phases where, I restart the computer, able to search and click on things because it loads just fine, but after 10-15 minutes, it freezes and im unable to do anything but restart it again.
    The other phase, is that it just restarts and freezes as soon as everything on the desktop is loaded.

Im somewhat computer literate, and this is confusing the ____ out of me.
    There are no virus's on my computer, all of my hardware and software drivers and things are updated, and all of the security for microsoft is updated as well.

Theres no reason why my computer should freeze like this.
    No reason at all.

I dont know what happened while I was asleep (im starting to consider aliens here), but something did, and now its screwed up my computer.

Another note, i cannot get a scan/clean disk completed, it wont restore, and it wont defrag.

Please help me, im about to hit it with a hammer!!!!!!!!

hi ,

click the onecare scan in my signature , do a full scan and see what it finds , make sure you do not use your comp during the scan and shut down all programs you dont need like messenger , video , side bar , etc , ... internet explorer

the scan might take a long time (!) but be patient

after that do a diskcheck

have a nice day
    Scan with OneCare + 50 Windows 7even Tips + Plagued by the Privacy Center? REMOVE IT + Threat Research & Response Blog + Sysinternals Live tools + TRANSLATOR+ Photosynth + Microsoft Security + Microsoft SUPPORT + PIVOT from Live Labs + Microsoft Live Labs + Office 2010 beta + Get Windows LIVE!
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:06 PM