none
How to Contact Admins/Moderators? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have some forum issues I'd rather not discuss in public.  Is there a way I can contact a forum authority to have a private conversation?

Thank you.

-Noel

Monday, December 19, 2011 9:17 PM

Answers

• Depends on who exactly you want to contact. I recently became a moderator in this forum (to my surprise without any prior notification). I guess because I like answering here. I also have e-mails of Brent and Ed Price, but I can not give them to you without their consent first. I'm sending them e-mail and if you want to contact me I gave you my e-mail.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Yeah, you can contact me too. edprice at microsoft.

There is no PM feature, but it's being looked into.

One thing you should know is that every forum has a different world of moderators. So if your issue is other forums or the moderators/admins from those forums, then we have another step or two involved (identifying the issue, finding out who to contact and how to contact them, etc.). That's why we typically recommend that you post such forum-specific questions in those forums. Because you haven't revealed what this is about, we have no idea what forums this relates to.

Naomi, sorry about that. We had talked about you being a moderator here and helping us close issues. So it took some time to come to pass. I was probably on vacation when it happened, and thus, the lack of communication when it happened. Congrats! =^)

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:59 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Noel !

You can put your issue in here, so myself and other moderators can look into this.

Thanks, Hasham

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:50 PM
  • Clearly not what the poster wants as he clearly says ("I have some forum issues I'd rather not discuss in public") that he doesn't want to discuss them in a public forum.

Which this of course is.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:04 PM
  • As Mike has correctly assessed, it's an issue that needs discussion offline.  I thought maybe there was a "send private message" method in the forum somewhere that I missed...  If not I would appreciate being contacted by eMail.  I will be more than happy to provide my eMail address here if you're unable to get it from my profile/account.

-Noel

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:38 PM
  • Depends on who exactly you want to contact. I recently became a moderator in this forum (to my surprise without any prior notification). I guess because I like answering here. I also have e-mails of Brent and Ed Price, but I can not give them to you without their consent first. I'm sending them e-mail and if you want to contact me I gave you my e-mail.

My blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Yeah, you can contact me too. edprice at microsoft.

There is no PM feature, but it's being looked into.

One thing you should know is that every forum has a different world of moderators. So if your issue is other forums or the moderators/admins from those forums, then we have another step or two involved (identifying the issue, finding out who to contact and how to contact them, etc.). That's why we typically recommend that you post such forum-specific questions in those forums. Because you haven't revealed what this is about, we have no idea what forums this relates to.

Naomi, sorry about that. We had talked about you being a moderator here and helping us close issues. So it took some time to come to pass. I was probably on vacation when it happened, and thus, the lack of communication when it happened. Congrats! =^)

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:59 PM
    Owner
  • I am quite pleased :) I guess for Hasham it also was a nice surprise :)

My blog
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:02 PM
  • Thank you, Naomi and Ed.

-Noel

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:08 PM
  • I am quite pleased :) I guess for Hasham it also was a nice surprise :)

My blog

HI !

Yeh to my surprise, i haven't been contacted by anyone from Microsoft or haven't got any email. I actually opened a thread to re-verify is this happened in real or was just a bug.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/e555fd60-729a-4e8e-afd7-7a799250832f

Thanks, Hasham

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:35 AM