Referencing an Email Template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

We are part way through writing a custom solution for processing various bits of MS CRM 4 data, which includes automated sending of emails to various people.

Part of this involves a custom entity with various custom attributes that define who will receive these emails.

I wanted to be able to have our users to `pick the email template they want to use` on our custom entities form.

However, I belive you cannot set up a relationship between an entity and email templates to be able to `select the required email on my form`, though we do note you can for letter templates etc.

So my question - is there a way to stick a `email template` selection/chooser/whatever on a form, much as you can with most other entities?

Hopefully without coutnless lines of custom javascript code :) But where needs must... :/

Many thanks

Martin!
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:52 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, there isn't a supported way to add an email template for custom entities.  In the past, we've gone the route of switching from a custom entity to using something such as lead, just so we could get email templates on the form.

If you can wait to apply the template until the backend, I've heard of implementing plugins to do this.  I can't remember what piece of the SDK it used.  It might have been mail merge.

I hope this helps.
    -Andrew
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:37 PM