CRM 2011 Views RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know how you can change the view of the system coming out in a field-type search for a custom?
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Search view has its own search fields and column layoutm you can chage it as per required. Find below steps for contatc entity:

1. Go to Settings->Cusotmizaiton->Customizaitons->Cusotmize the System -> Entities -> Contat -> Views

2. Double click on Quick Find Active Contatcs view, in comom tasks right pane, click on Add View Columns button to add new columns as per required i.e can ad d columns which are in default view and click on Add Find Columns to add columns on which CRM should search

3. Click on Save and CLose button

4. Go back to to Settings->Cusotmizaiton->Customizaitons->Cusotmize the System -> Entities -> Contact and click on Publish button

5. Refresh CRM main screen by pressing F5 key and chekc contacts searching

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:47 PM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It would be easy to understand if can you provide more details of your question.

Jehanzeb Javeed

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:15 PM
  • You see I have a field type search, then pressing it out the search form and thedefault view shows the system (eg all contacts), what I want is that by default a view that I leave default (eg active contacts ) in the form
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:29 PM
  • Hi,

Search view has its own search fields and column layoutm you can chage it as per required. Find below steps for contatc entity:

1. Go to Settings->Cusotmizaiton->Customizaitons->Cusotmize the System -> Entities -> Contat -> Views

2. Double click on Quick Find Active Contatcs view, in comom tasks right pane, click on Add View Columns button to add new columns as per required i.e can ad d columns which are in default view and click on Add Find Columns to add columns on which CRM should search

3. Click on Save and CLose button

4. Go back to to Settings->Cusotmizaiton->Customizaitons->Cusotmize the System -> Entities -> Contact and click on Publish button

5. Refresh CRM main screen by pressing F5 key and chekc contacts searching

Jehanzeb Javeed

• Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:47 PM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:46 PM