Problem installing SyncServices 2 CTP RRS feed

• Question

• I've downloaded SyncSetup_en.x64.zip from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=109DB36E-CDD0-4514-9FB5-B77D9CEA37F6&displaylang=en.

When I attempt to install I have the same issue reported here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/syncgeneral/thread/6a4d6e05-39ab-4ca8-be79-c58274535371/

The system is a HP Pavillion with Win2k8/Amd Turon 64.

My Log file follows:
    ---------------------------------------
    The following properties have been set:
    Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
    Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
    Property: [VersionNT] = 6.0.2 {version}
    Running checks for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0', phase BuildList
    Running external check with command 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe' and parameters ''
    Process exited with code 1
    Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNetInstalled'
    The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0':
    Property: [DotNetInstalled] = 1 {int}
    Running checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi'
    Skipping ByPassIf because Property 'IsMsiInstalled' was not defined
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': false
    Result of checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi' is 'Install'
    'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    Running checks for package 'Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v3.0', phase BuildList
    Running external check with command 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Services for ADO\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe' and parameters ''
    The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v3.0':
    Running checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Services for ADO\SyncServicesADO.msi'
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': false
    Result of checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Services for ADO\SyncServicesADO.msi' is 'Install'
    'Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v3.0' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    Running checks for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services v2.0', phase BuildList
    Running external check with command 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe' and parameters ''
    The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services v2.0':
    Running checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi'
    Result of checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi' is 'Install'
    'Microsoft Sync Framework Services v2.0' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    EULA for components 'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0' was accepted.
    EULA for components 'Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v3.0' was accepted.
    EULA for components 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services v2.0' was accepted.
    Copying files to temporary directory "C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\"
    Copying from 'H:\Downloads\SyncSetup_en.x64\Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi' to 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi'
    Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi
    WinVerifyTrust returned 0
    File trusted
    File 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe' already copied.  Skipping file copy.
    Copying from 'H:\Downloads\SyncSetup_en.x64\Microsoft Sync Services for ADO\SyncServicesADO.msi' to 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Services for ADO\SyncServicesADO.msi'
    Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Services for ADO\SyncServicesADO.msi
    File trusted
    File 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Services for ADO\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe' already copied.  Skipping file copy.
    Copying from 'H:\Downloads\SyncSetup_en.x64\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi' to 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi'
    Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi
    File trusted
    File 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe' already copied.  Skipping file copy.
    Running checks for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0', phase BeforePackage
    Running external check with command 'C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe' and parameters ''
    The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0':
    Running checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi'
    Result of checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi' is 'Install'
    'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi
    File trusted
    Installing using command 'C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe' and parameters ' -I "C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSD5C53.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi" -q APPGUID={53AA4694-C1DE-4229-9C0E-0486C5AFEAEC}'
    Will attempt to elevate process.
    Process exited with code 1633
    Status of package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0' after install is 'InstallFailed'
    Status of package 'Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v3.0' after install is 'InstallNeeded'
    Status of package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services v2.0' after install is 'InstallNeeded'
    Monday, May 25, 2009 4:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you check below things on your machine?

1. Is your machine has a X64 or AMD64 version of Win2k8? Or it is X86 version of Win2k3? You need a X64 OS for installing X64 version of Sync Framework.
    2. Is X64 version of .NET framework 2.0 installed on your machine? It is needed.
    3. Did you install Sync Framework v1.0 before? if yes, you need to uninstall them first.

Thanks,
    Dong
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you check below things on your machine?

1. Is your machine has a X64 or AMD64 version of Win2k8? Or it is X86 version of Win2k3? You need a X64 OS for installing X64 version of Sync Framework.
    2. Is X64 version of .NET framework 2.0 installed on your machine? It is needed.
    3. Did you install Sync Framework v1.0 before? if yes, you need to uninstall them first.

Thanks,
    Dong
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:53 PM
  • Ah-ha - having a blond moment. x64 hardware; but x86 OS

cheers
    Friday, May 29, 2009 1:37 AM