Backup Database Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, had a minor issue (I think) the other day. I received a Data Issue Alert that something had happened to the Drive Pool. I checked and rebuilt both drives, and it seemed to be okay. Now though, one of my machines won't back up and after looking around and trying a manual backup, I get a Backup Database is corrupt. OK I thought, I'll just repair it...but, no repair. So, is this "bad"...lol. I mean, should I just wipe everything out and reinstall WHS V2? Only thing I did about a month ago was add a second drive, so I am not sure if that had any effect on the data issue and subsequent backup problem.

Thanks!

Friday, November 12, 2010 4:22 PM

Answers

• Thanks Leen, that did the trick. The dir was not exactly correct but I deleted all the files, restarted and backed up my machines.

Thanks....

• Marked as answer by rdmsys Monday, November 15, 2010 4:20 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 4:20 PM

All replies

• There is info in the releasenotes about checking and repair in this build.

Hello, had a minor issue (I think) the other day. I received a Data Issue Alert that something had happened to the Drive Pool. I checked and rebuilt both drives, and it seemed to be okay. Now though, one of my machines won't back up and after looking around and trying a manual backup, I get a Backup Database is corrupt. OK I thought, I'll just repair it...but, no repair. So, is this "bad"...lol. I mean, should I just wipe everything out and reinstall WHS V2? Only thing I did about a month ago was add a second drive, so I am not sure if that had any effect on the data issue and subsequent backup problem.

Thanks!

Have a nice day!
    Friday, November 12, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Thanks Leen, that did the trick. The dir was not exactly correct but I deleted all the files, restarted and backed up my machines.

Thanks....

• Marked as answer by rdmsys Monday, November 15, 2010 4:20 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 4:20 PM