AutoCollage will not install (Network connection problem) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I purchased the full version of autocollage and am now trying to install on my laptop.  When I unzip the download file and try to run the setup, it tells me to choose whether to remove or repair version 1.1.  I choose repair, and the installer comes back with the message "A network error occurred while trying to read from the file..."

Just wondering how I should proceed.  Should I unistall the trial version before I install the full version?

Thanks!

Monday, June 20, 2011 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi AdrianHam,

You do not need to uninstall the trial version. All you need to do is enter the registration key you were given at the time of purchase and it will unlock the version you already have installed. If you need to retrieve your product key or need help with regisatration, please see the information below.

Thanks,
    Chris

How can I get my product key once I have purchased AutoCollage?

Some AutoCollage customers may need to install the application on a newly purchased machine, taking advantage of the license for 5 machines, or to reinstall the application after upgrading to Windows 7.  On these occasions the product key is needed to register the new installation, as per the instructions in the product help, also available online.

Customers that misplaced their key may easily retrieve it following these steps:

a.       Connect to your local Microsoft Store website in the USA, UK (for countries in the European Union), Australia, France, Germany or Canada.

b.      Sign into the store with the same ID you used when purchasing AutoCollage.

c.       Near the top of the page there are a few rows of links. Click on the "Account" link.

d.      You will see a page entitled "Microsoft Store Account - Purchase History." The date and time of your order of AutoCollage should be listed. In the right side of this entry, under "Items:", you should see Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008, along with a line which says "License:" and shows your product key.

Remember that the trial version of Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008 can be converted into the full version just by registering it, without the need of a new installation.

How can I register AutoCollage once I have my key?

When you purchase AutoCollage, you receive an AutoCollage product key you can use to register your copy of AutoCollage. In order to register your copy of AutoCollage:

a.       Start AutoCollage 2008 and select the Options button from the right-hand side of the application:

b.      Select the Registration tab in the dialog which appears.

c.       Select the Register... button. This invokes the registration dialog where you can enter your product key.

d.      Enter your 25-character product key in the white product key input box. You can type it in, or cut-and-paste by copying your product key from another window, then pasting into the first part of the input box.

e.       Select OK to save your product key.

Once your copy of AutoCollage is registered, the trial time limit and watermark are disabled.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:03 AM