locked
Customer Portal for CRM 2011 for Online - DeviceAlreadyExists RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi guys,

    Trying to set up Customer portal for one of customers...

    Running website under IIS6. I am getting error:

     

    Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Services.Samples.DeviceRegistrationFailedException: DeviceAlreadyExists: 0x80041132


    Could you please help me to figure out  what's wrong?

     

    Thanks.

    Cheers,

    Alena


    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:16 AM

Answers

  • Hi Shan,

    thank you very much for trying to help me and for the great products as well.

    This issue was fixed by my smart coleague and was not easy to us to find out what's going on.

    We used a third-part server to host Customer Portal (Azure is the only option for the next time!). For some reason server time wasn't set up correctly. It was a 12 minutes gap. My collegue wrote custom code to call CRM with the same connection string and we got "real" error. Fixing server time fixed the issue.

    Hope it will save someone's time.

    Cheers,

    Alena Grischenko  – Dynamics CRM, ASP.NET MCPD

    Consultant - eSavvy Pty Ltd  | www.esavvy.com.au or www.esavvyonline.com.au

         

           

     

     

    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:28 AM

All replies

  • It looks like you are using a connection string for CRM Online and the device id and password are not matching.  On the first Live ID failure, it tries to register the device for you but since it is already there, this is the resulting error.  Either find the old device password, or create another pair (device id and password).


    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Monday, October 17, 2011 10:39 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Shan,

    thank you very much for trying to help me and for the great products as well.

    This issue was fixed by my smart coleague and was not easy to us to find out what's going on.

    We used a third-part server to host Customer Portal (Azure is the only option for the next time!). For some reason server time wasn't set up correctly. It was a 12 minutes gap. My collegue wrote custom code to call CRM with the same connection string and we got "real" error. Fixing server time fixed the issue.

    Hope it will save someone's time.

    Cheers,

    Alena Grischenko  – Dynamics CRM, ASP.NET MCPD

    Consultant - eSavvy Pty Ltd  | www.esavvy.com.au or www.esavvyonline.com.au

         

           

     

     

    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:28 AM