reinstall on a new computer RRS feed

• Question

• I purched autocolage a few yeas ago and recently bought a new computer, and it wont let me use the program without the trial mark
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:54 PM

All replies

• I just did the same. After installing all I had to do was type in the registration code from the original email from when I purchased it at the setting screen.
    • Proposed as answer by Stonebird One Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:43 PM
    Saturday, June 20, 2015 7:22 PM
  • I found my product key after searching for some time and gave up.  I accidently discovered it in my Microsoft profile.

Go to Outlook.com and login.

Click on your Account (your picture if there is one, to the right of a question mark) on the top right corner.

Click on View Account tab.

Click on Payment and Billing tab. Pull down menu drops down.

Click on Order History.  

Set filters for Show to "all" and From to "All available".

Your receipt with license key should show up here if you purchased the software using your Microsoft account.

Locate the receipt and click on the Install link.  product key appears.  this is the one I used to register.

Unfortunately the Install button next to product key does not work.  You may have to locate the software executable installer: MicrosoftAutoCollageSetup.msi on Microsoft website.  I just checked and found it available.  

Share away!

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:57 PM
  • I found my product key after searching for some time and gave up.  I accidently discovered it in my Microsoft profile.

Go to Outlook.com and login.

Click on your Account (your picture if there is one, to the right of a question mark) on the top right corner.

Click on View Account tab.

Click on Payment and Billing tab. Pull down menu drops down.

Click on Order History.  

Set filters for Show to "all" and From to "All available".

Your receipt with license key should show up here if you purchased the software using your Microsoft account.

Locate the receipt and click on the Install link.  product key appears.  this is the one I used to register.

Unfortunately the Install button next to product key does not work.  You may have to locate the software executable installer: MicrosoftAutoCollageSetup.msi on Microsoft website.  I just checked and found it available.  

Share away!

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:57 PM
  • From the Microsoft FAQ pages:

Customers that misplaced their key may easily retrieve it following these steps:

• a. Connect to your local Microsoft Store website in the USA
    • b. Sign into the store with the same ID you used when purchasing AutoCollage.
    • c. Near the top of the page there are a few rows of links. Click on the "Account" link.
    • d. You will see a page entitled "Microsoft Store Account - Purchase History." The date and time of your order of AutoCollage should be listed. In the right side of this entry, under "Items:", you should see Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008, along with a line which says "License:" and shows your product key.
    Monday, May 6, 2019 6:54 PM