locked
To Field Is Restricted for Emails RRS feed

  • Question

  • For each case/incident we need to send an email to our support department. The workflow is like this:

    * Create a case/incident in CRM for a particular account
    * Add an email activity to that account. The email and responses must be recorded in CRM and be associated with that case.
    * Open an email template that pulls in information from the case and related account
    * Add additional information to the email
    * Send the email to the support department

    The issue I am having is with the "To" field which only accepts accounts, users and facilities/equipment. How can I populate this with the email address of our support department?

    Friday, August 1, 2014 12:55 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

     We have same issue. What we have done is to create a workflow that goes and creates a contact when a system user is created (with same email address if the system user copied to the contact). Then use this contact in To field.

    Regards,

    Jithesh

    • Marked as answer by hfaun Saturday, August 2, 2014 5:09 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 1:29 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

     We have same issue. What we have done is to create a workflow that goes and creates a contact when a system user is created (with same email address if the system user copied to the contact). Then use this contact in To field.

    Regards,

    Jithesh

    • Marked as answer by hfaun Saturday, August 2, 2014 5:09 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 1:29 AM
  • Huh, I was wondering why you see contacts because I did only see accounts, users and facilities/equipment. It turns out that those are blended out because the support people don't have access to the contacts.

    They way I actually had this setup on the development platform is with queues. I did create a queue for the support email. Then I created an email form specifically for the support people. This form I customized with javascript so the "To" field is automatically populated with the support queue. It worked fine on the test system (where I am logged in as the admin) but not on the deployed system (where I was logged in as a support person). The to field simply stayed blank. Well, it turns out this was all because support did not have access to contacts and queues. After adding read access to the queue everything works as intended.

    Thanks a lot for the comment.

    Saturday, August 2, 2014 5:09 PM